Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

this tyre stuff is confusing the hell out of me i just had to rplace my 265/70/15,s which seem hard to get hold of these days i replaced them with 235/70/15,s is this a good thing or bad?
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder

Originally posted by Beesty
    this tyre stuff is confusing the hell out of me i just had to rplace my 265/70/15,s which seem hard to get hold of these days i replaced them with 235/70/15,s is this a good thing or bad?
    Smaller Diameter which will increase revs at speed. Also narrower width.

Hopefully the tyres still sit on the rims OK, pressure against the side will be lower but should still seal OK.

I'm surprised that you had difficulty getting the 265 70s. An alternative choice would be 30x 9.5 which is pretty close to 265 70 15.

Cheers
    Andy

Comment

tyres

Originally posted by lucky
      Smaller Diameter which will increase revs at speed. Also narrower width.

Hopefully the tyres still sit on the rims OK, pressure against the side will be lower but should still seal OK.

I'm surprised that you had difficulty getting the 265 70s. An alternative choice would be 30x 9.5 which is pretty close to 265 70 15.

Cheers
      Andy
      Hi Andy l think you have got it wrong 235,s will be narrower than 265,s

Regards "Hilux" Bob
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
        Hi Andy l think you have got it wrong 235,s will be narrower than 265,s

Regards "Hilux" Bob
        Sorry Bob.

Thought that's what I said though having re-read my answer it was a bit confusing. Think I need to take a lie down as I have lost the ability to write in english.

Cheers

Comment

tyres

Hi Andy the reason l was so quick on the answer was evry time l look out my patio window l see 265/70 15,s all over the place and some 31/10.5/15,s.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
            Hi Andy the reason l was so quick on the answer was evry time l look out my patio window l see 265/70 15,s all over the place and some 31/10.5/15,s.
            I remember the amount you got, quite the tyre stockist.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X