265/75/16 spare on 265/70/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265/75/16 spare on 265/70/16

Would using the above 265/75/16 as a spare when the other three are 265/70/16 cause any significant dramas - assuming it's minimal use while the other is sorted.

From my poor maths am I right in thinking the '75' will be 13mm taller than the '70'?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - will save me having to move on another tyre!

Cheers,

Tom.

Any thoughts from anyone? Will the slip diff on a Gen 3 be able to compensate for the different tyre sizes?

Cheers.

Comment

The chances are that the LSD is knackered anyway by now...

But that said I'd still not do it.

Will the diff explode/fail/die, probably not....

But its never recommended to have odd sized tyres on one axle, driven or not.

In reality you could probably have a larger difference from having one very worn A/T tyre of the same size compared to a new one.. (likely if people don't cycle their full size spare) but the same old question rears its head.. if there was an accident, and a report is drawn up... do you really want there to be a mark against your side of the argument saying that you were running odd sized tyres?
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

i use this people,
        http://www.oponeo.co.uk/
        i wouldnt use odd tyres either
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I should have been clearer: I'm not running it, it was a query as to whether it would be worth switching out the spare tyre, changing it for a slightly better tyre albeit slightly different. To that the duffs are fine - I put 4 new BFG ATs on 3 weeks ago so no issues there!!

It confirms my thinking though that it isn't worth it so no need to change.

Cheers,

T.

Comment

Working...
          X