17 inch alloys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 inch alloys?

Hi, had my surf for a few weeks now. Totally love it and convinced there is no better truck out there for the money!
    I would like to change the wheels, at present it has the original 15inch alloys with 265/70 road tyres all round. I really want to treat myself, so have been thinking about the possibility of 17 inch rims with some nice fat tyres.
    I don't really need AT tyres but would like some thing better for off-road then just standard road tyres.
    Can any one tell me if the surf will take 17's and maybe recommend some tyres, or recommend an alternative wheel tyre package. My surf is a 2.4 SSR-X 93.
    Thanks alot.

Originally posted by fearlessliving
    Hi, had my surf for a few weeks now. Totally love it and convinced there is no better truck out there for the money!
    I would like to change the wheels, at present it has the original 15inch alloys with 265/70 road tyres all round. I really want to treat myself, so have been thinking about the possibility of 17 inch rims with some nice fat tyres.
    I don't really need AT tyres but would like some thing better for off-road then just standard road tyres.
    Can any one tell me if the surf will take 17's and maybe recommend some tyres, or recommend an alternative wheel tyre package. My surf is a 2.4 SSR-X 93.
    Thanks alot.
    It will take them OK however offset will be important. Koi has 17 inch wheels on his 4 Runner. Problem with 17 inch wheels is that it will limit your tyre choice more than the 15 inch wheels. Off road biased tyres especially will be a problem. ATs are a good compromise, there is not anything really less off road biased without going to a full road tyre (which for a Surf would be an 80/20 tyre.

If you want to stick with the road tyres, I would recommend Bridgestone Dueller HT although they are completely useless off road.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X