Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankook Dynapro HP RA33 265/70 R16 112H

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsh...ahrzeugart=PKW

I have sworn by 'Cooper' tyres on my various Surfs over the past 12 years, all of which that have predominantly been used on the road, only occasionally in 4wd during those winter spells when freezing/snowy weather necessitates & so my search for an alternate tyre centered around the best combination of fuel economy, wet grip & noise emission.

On such a vehicle I really didn't expect any of these categories to excel without sacrifice to another, however, not only do these RA33's tick all the relevant boxes, they have well exceeded my expectations by surpassing pretty much every other tyre in all area's.

Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating so this post should be taken more in the way of a heads-up.

My local stockists are all generally supplying the RA33's for around £110 balanced & fitted.....the only dilemma being one of timing - I REALLY should renovate my aging/crazed wheels but without x4 (stand-in) replacements, renovation would render the vehicle dormant on axle stands for the foreseeable future.

...........I'll be sure to update this thread when the time comes.
    Last edited by Tig; 7 August 2013, 09:18.

A thumbs up for the Dynapro MT's as well here.. blumming good tyre, nice even wear and not too noisy for a mud terrain.

As for your HP's - taken directly from their website...

"The Dynapro HP has been developed for luxury and power SUVs."

What ya fitting them to?

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Okay, I finally got the wheels renovated & although the Hankook Dynapro RA33's have only been on for five days, to say that I'm very Impressed would be an understatement.

These tyres have already surpassed everything that I was expecting of them, including the eventual £109 price paid per tyre.

I bought the vehicle for use primarily on the road & I'll be the first to admit, often spiritedly, so grip was high on my list of priorities - I was definitely not disappointed & the rain today proved to be no different....positive response & amazing grip!

Road noise has always been an issue for me, particularly during rain, however, these tyres are remarkably quiet - even at Motorway speeds.

When pushed in the dry, tyre squeal on hot tarmac was surprisingly minimal, in fact hardly noticeable, even with the windows down.

I doubt the RA33's would be much use off-road but then again they've not been developed for that purpose....Hankook have certainly done their homework with this tyre, in fact I'll stick my neck out & confidently say that this tyre is the best all-round road tyre ever produced.
      Last edited by Tig; 5 August 2013, 23:55.

Comment

Working...
      X