General Grabber A/T question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber A/T question

I have been offered a set by a local garage I know for About £300 inc wheels. There is at least 80% of the tread left on them.They are 33 12.5 15". I am wondering if they fit without spacers? They seem like a good price from what I have looked up so far.

Unless your truck has at least 3" of lift, (suspension/body or combination of both) they won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Unless your truck has at least 3" of lift, (suspension/body or combination of both) they won't fit.
      I am surprised at that. I put one up against mine and it didn't seem far off. The front looks raised but I am still a noob so I don't know for sure. Everyone says the standard wheels look very small. I thought they would just be an issue on full lock.

Comment

All depends on what the off-set measurement of the wheels are.

Yes, 33" tyres will fit a standard Surf, but suspension travel would be very limited and the turning circle would be severely reduced.

Comment

Thanks for that. What sort of offset could I get away with? I may lift it at a later date if I feel the truck is worth putting some money into. It is a bit of a heap at the moment and was only supposed to be a cheap project. Although I do love those wheels.

Comment

Buy them, try them, If you like them, keep them and lift the truck to suit.

Someone on here will soon buy them off you if you decided not to keep them.

A year ago I'd have killed to pick up some 33's on rims for that price.
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I will give them a try when I have the cash to spare then.

Comment

Working...
              X