265/70r15 AT tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265/70r15 AT tyres

Not many about in that size from what I can see, can you guys recommend any makes? Or would it be better to get new rims (16) with tyres fitted and what size could I get away with so they they dont rub on a standard 2nd gen surf?

Thanks,
    Karl

Hi, I am using the these on my car at the moment http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=563&vid=694
    they are really good on both wet/dry roads and can certainly handle the snow.
    not really noticed much in the way of road noise either. if these are too much of an aggressive tread pattern, there is more of a road biased version which still offers competent off road grip. i have used both before and reccomend both.

Also if your rims are in good condition then there is not really much point in getting new ones, unless you dont like the ones you've got of course. I believe 16" will fit a 2nd gen however tyres sizes will be more expensive.
    hope this helps.
    cheers Jason
    Last edited by imgifted86; 3 February 2012, 01:51.

Comment

Originally posted by imotep View Post
      Not many about in that size from what I can see, can you guys recommend any makes? Or would it be better to get new rims (16) with tyres fitted and what size could I get away with so they they dont rub on a standard 2nd gen surf?

Thanks,
      Karl
      Search for 31/10.50/R15.
      There's more choice available and are the imperial equivalent to 265/70/15

Comment

I have a set of 5 Continental Cross Contacts which I was planning to advertise shortly, mounted on a set of alloy rims.

Spare is brand new and the remainder have many a good mile left in them.

If you are interested or want better photo's let me know

Rims

Tread pattern

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          I have a set of 5 Continental Cross Contacts which I was planning to advertise shortly, mounted on a set of alloy rims.

Spare is brand new and the remainder have many a good mile left in them.

If you are interested or want better photo's let me know
          How much would you want for the set?

Comment

I'm looking for £300 for the set. The used tyres still have approx 8mm tread left.

Since putting photo's up I have had and enquiry so need to see how this turns out first.

If your interested let me know and I'll update thread once I get a reply from the other party.

Comment

I'm looking for £300 for the set. The used tyres still have approx 8mm tread left.

Since putting photo's up I have had and enquiry so need to see how this turns out first.

If your interested let me know and I'll update thread once I get a reply from the other party.
              Hello mate im interested are you gonna sell the A bar and spots b any chance?

Comment

Spots will go with the truck but think i have a second set somewhere, I'll have a look over the weekend and put a pic up.

A bar went awhile ago but might be able to sort something else out for you in a few weeks time if things work out as planned.

You know what they say about best laid plans and murphys law

Comment

Wheels and tyres are available if you still want them ?

I have found the other set of lights and will get a photo later, as just waiting on camera batteries to charge up

Comment

I have almost new Continental Cross Contacts and the treads don't look anything like yours. the treads look almost the same as a normal car tyre and has poor road holding in the wet. Often when pulling off the rear wheels spin. Spare is a BFGoodrich with real tread.
                    Wife has agreed to buy me a set of new tyres within the next few months. May go for a set of BFGs or Bridgestone Duellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                      I have almost new Continental Cross Contacts and the treads don't look anything like yours. the treads look almost the same as a normal car tyre and has poor road holding in the wet. Often when pulling off the rear wheels spin. Spare is a BFGoodrich with real tread.
                      Wife has agreed to buy me a set of new tyres within the next few months. May go for a set of BFGs or Bridgestone Duellers.
                      From your other thread and description here you do not have AT's but road tyres so there is no comparison.

Comment

These are still available, let me know if you still want them or I will be listing them for sale next week.

Comment

From your other thread and description here you do not have AT's but road tyres so there is no comparison.
                          I am sure that you are correct! Even the wife doesn't like them which is saying something.

Comment

Working...
                          X