BFG all terrain T/A ko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG all terrain T/A ko

Well I decided on the BFGoodrich All Terrains T/A KO to replace my worn out Dunlop TG28's.

I was unable to get 265x70x15 as this size is no longer available so I had to get 31x10.5x15 which went on the standard Toyota alloys without a problem. I decided to go with white writing out, after all as Linda says "why pay all that dosh for BFG's then disguise the fact!" I must say they look the Mutz Nutz.

I have experienced slight increase in road noise with windows open but there is defintely more grip having just driven in the wet. I actually feel confident turning corners now.
    With over 12mm of tread they should last a while (Apparently in the US the A/Ts have a guaranteed life of 50,000 miles or 5 years)
    I went off-road on some waste land and noticed a feeling of better grip on soft ground. Can't wait to try them out properly!

The different tyre size has affected the speedo albeit slightly. I performed a test using GPS:
    On the old tyres, a steady 100kmh was reading 58mph and a steady 50kmh was reading 29mph
    With the new tyres, a steady 100kmh is now 60mph and 50kmh reads 30mph suggesting the speedo is now more accurate.

Manufacturer's Specs:
    All-new version of America's best all-terrain tire with ShoulderLock™ Technology and TriGard® construction for serious durability. Even more go-anywhere traction, durability. Exceptional treadlife. Same great looks. Meets RMA definition for passenger and light truck for use in severe snow conditions. Excellent traction and handling on- and off-road.

All-Terrain T/A® KO (Rating: 1=low 10=high)
    Tread wear 6
    Wet traction 7
    Quiet ride 7
    Handling 6
    Winter traction 9
    Mud traction 9

http://www.bfgoodrichtyres.co.uk/ang...x4/ater_ta.htm
    Attached Files
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Hey - she's looking good!!!

I've had my BFG A/T's on now for 9 months and about 10,000 miles, and I've just measured the tread - theres about 10mm on the backs and 10.5 mm on the fronts!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I can also confirm that the speedo reads accurately with 31 10.50/15's on.

Got BFG AT's (KO).. also...

Helps if I read the link...
      You are absolutely right... I'll check my own posts for correctness...

Very happy with mine, wanted the MT's, went with the AT's.

(Krawler T/A looks completely mad though.)

andyL
      Last edited by AndyLala; 28 July 2004, 23:25.

Comment

My BFG AT's have got around 6mm left after nearly 33000 miles - and still gripping well. I will definitely buy them again.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

IAN how much & where did you source them from
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

They cost more than I was hoping to pay from a local independent tyre dealer. £97 each fitted balanced and tracking.
            Took ages to find as all the big named tyre places told me they could'nt get them????

Cheapest online price I could find was £111 each just for the tyre.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Also, consider...

<Quote>
              £72.00 each from 4x4 accessories and tyres . (+ delivery and vat) (£452.26 for 5 all in)
              <Quote>

+ £12.00 each to fit and balance, at local tyre place.

That comes out at £92.85 each corner... all in.

£5 a corner cheaper...

AndyL

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                Hey - she's looking good!!!

I've had my BFG A/T's on now for 9 months and about 10,000 miles, and I've just measured the tread - theres about 10mm on the backs and 10.5 mm on the fronts!

but linda flies. so tyre wear not a problem
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                  but linda flies. so tyre wear not a problem
                  The Bullet flies - Linda just sits there and tries to slow her down!!!
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I have the BFG AT's on the front and BFG MT's (Mud Terrain) on the back, IMHO the MT's dont offer enough grip for normal road use (great on mud and sand though) in the wet, I have lost the back end twice on wet concrete roads now at speeds I would expect to be ok with, I will be changing the rear MT's to AT's when they wear out next year sometime. Also the MT's are noisy on the road but that isn't so much of a problem as I have a volume control on the CD
                    Ah just remembered, my speedo reads about 10% low so I have to be carefull with speed cams Grrrrrrrrr!
                    Last edited by Woodie; 13 August 2004, 20:55.
                    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
                      I have the BFG AT's on the front and BFG MT's (Mud Terrain) on the back, IMHO the MT's dont offer enough grip for normal road use (great on mud and sand though) in the wet, I have lost the back end twice on wet concrete roads now at speeds I would expect to be ok with, I will be changing the rear MT's to AT's when they wear out next year sometime. Also the MT's are noisy on the road but that isn't so much of a problem as I have a volume control on the CD
                      Ah just remembered, my speedo reads about 10% low so I have to be carefull with speed cams Grrrrrrrrr!
                      What bull bars are on the red surf sig ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stiggy
                        What bull bars are on the red surf sig ??
                        Sorry but I dont know what the make is, i'll have a good look for a name at the weekend when I next clean it and PM you if I find one.
                        ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Working...
                        X