Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG MT's

So I'll start this off.

Put four BFG 31 x 10.5 x 15 on my surf, excellent off road and on road, previously had BFG AT's and for some reason the MT's are better on the road than the AT's, more so in the wet.
    Hardly any road noise, except under hard cornering, so far (7 months) I am very happy with them.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Aww...
    Ive been beating myself up all week over what tyres to buy. I needed this forum sooner.
    Ah well... never mind. Just ordered a full set of BFG A/Ts after reading through old posts on the forums. I hope I have made the right choice as they are going to hurt my wallet.
    Last edited by icsys; 21 July 2004, 19:35.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
      Aww...
      Ive been beating myself up all week over what tyres to buy. I needed this forum sooner.
      Ah well... never mind. Just ordered a full set of BFG A/Ts after reading through old posts on the forums. I hope I have made the right choice as they are going to hurt my wallet.
      They are a good choice too mate dont worry. I've got the same on 16" rims and I find they stick to the road well and look good too. Koi's M/T's are a good tyre and look meatier then the A/T's, but obviously out perform the A/T's off road. At the end of the day, it's a matter of preference.

Comment

And my next dilemma is.......

White out or black out ???

Descisions!
        Ian

Comment

WHITE go for it
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

And my next dilemma is.......

White out or black out ???

Descisions!
            Gonna sound daft.....

White on one side, black on the other I bet most people will never notice apart from us lot, but it'll give you the chance to live with it for a while and decide which you prefer! And you'll only have to swap 2 tyres around when you have decided.

Comment

Did you go for white out or black out Koi?
              Attached Files
              Ian

Comment

Definately white out.

Comment

Did you go for white out or black out Koi?

white writing out, I just think it looks better on the bigger tyres on the Surf.
                  Attached Files
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Aww...
                    Dont worry - I have BFG A/T's and love them. Superb road holding wet and dry, didnt affect the mpg, and great off road in the slippy stuff, (although to be fair I do drop the pressure if its VERY muddy)

White out - definately... why pay all that dosh for BFG's then hide the fact that you got them??

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Arrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh.....

I wanted M/T's, everyone I spoke to said - nope - A/T's much quieter on road.
                      £72.00 each from 4x4 accessories and tyres . (+ delivery and vat) (£452.26 for 5 all in)
                      Wish this thread had started earlier.

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        Arrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh.....

I wanted M/T's, everyone I spoke to said - nope - A/T's much quieter on road.
                        £72.00 each from 4x4 accessories and tyres . (+ delivery and vat) (£452.26 for 5 all in)
                        Wish this thread had started earlier.

andyL
                        A/Ts are definately quieter on road, however my M/Ts are not that noisy at all considering what I thought they would be. One down side on the M/Ts is the wear is quite fast, I have had mine on a few months, done about 10K kms and have gone down from 8mm tread depth on the fronts to 5mm, the rears are down to 7mm. Think I'm going to have to swap front to rear to even out the wear.

Mind you I'm not that easy on tyres as I tend to push the motor quite a bit. Can't fault the grip.

Cheers

Comment

Andy Got my BFG AT's from 4x4 they were a lot cheaper because
                          the lettering had a slight defect.So black side out more
                          dosh in the pocket.Worth asking if they still have any.

Cheers Chris
                          GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Working...
                          X