Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber AT2

So, an area for tyre reviews, eh?

Well, let me rave about General Grabber AT2 tyres then!!!

I struggled to find any in the right size for ages, but eventually got 4 delivered to my door for £403.

I took the Surf down to a Farmer Autocare branch and got the tyres fitted and balanced for a tenner per tyre.

Single best investment I've made!

They behave impeccably on the road - no tyre noise to speak of, good grip, fine in the wet.

Then the snow arrived this week. It dumped over 8" in a day!! the surf with it's new tyres waltzed through the snow like it was dry tarmac - AWSOME!

Then the rain came, and now we had deep slush that turned to polished ice when you walked/drove on it - not a single car could get out of my street, and I confess to being concerned how the Surf and AT2's would cope - But my worries were utterly unfounded - they made extraordinarily light work of the crappy conditions!

My confidence in the Surf's ability in poor road conditions has skyrocketed since getting the AT2's - I cannot reccomend them highly enough for a Surf

I've heard nothing but good things about these, and as I use my truck as a daily driver too, hoping to get one per corner this year.
    cheers

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Good to hear - our surf has BFG ATs, which handle exactly like you've described, but the other one we're prepping for our trip has 5 of these new on it - we'd heard some good things about them already but nice to hear it confirmed.
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Re

I got them about 3 years ago!

BRILLIANT!

No wear at all and just as good on the road as the Avon road tyres I had before.

VERY economical as well compared to BF Goodrich tyres.

I paid, I think, about £55.00 per tyre fitted and was quoted £120 per tyre for BF's.

Get 'em!

You will be glad you did!

Comment

Just a quicky on this, and I have tried searching, but my truck has stock 265 / 70 x R15, would 31 / 10.5 x R15s fit or yes but with a lift etc?

Nobody seems to have the 265s in stock but most have the 31's

peace
          cal
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
            Just a quicky on this, and I have tried searching, but my truck has stock 265 / 70 x R15, would 31 / 10.5 x R15s fit or yes but with a lift etc?

Nobody seems to have the 265s in stock but most have the 31's

peace
            cal
            I believe they fit without any lift - hope so cos thats what I'm getting
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Guys, your 1st and 2nd Gen should have no problem with 31/10.5/15s without any lift.

Mine was a 2nd Gen and had General Grabber At2...cost me approx £90.....if ya want some nearly new then check out my thread on the Tyres for Sale (mixture of General Grabber AT2 and All Country LXTs) and they did my surf proud on a multitude of surfaces and trips (greenlane, general road, off-road, pulling horse trailer etc)
              Gaz

Comment

Working...
              X