15x10 Deep dish Steels ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x10 Deep dish Steels ???

I did initialy wanna jack it up 2 on the sus an 2 on the chassis before i got new wheels and tyres but the backs are starting to wear a tad thin so am gonna do this 1st,

av seen these 15x10 deep dish steels on JCS 4x4 on ebay and like the look of them, would just like to seek a bit of advice before i go an buy them

If i buy these now, what size tyres would you reconmend ? Whats the biggest i can fit now BEFORE the 2" + 2" lift, i dont wanna make the mistake of fitting the wheels and tyres now and then find out once i jack it up the tyres look lost, if u know what i mean

I would be looking at more off road style tyres than road ...

So the main question, if i buy these, whats the biggest i can go on a standard sus setup

thanks in advance

AJ

and if anyone could clear up the whole 31. 32. 33. then 275. or 395.

????????

wheres the consistancy

Comment

265s are the equivalant size to 31" both sizes were factory fitted, so they are the only size you can fit with no other modifications.
      You can still use the 10X15 wheels with those tyres.

I have 4" of lift with 7X15 wheels and 31"/10.5/15 A/T tyres.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 20 November 2008, 19:59.

Comment

You lot Dont hang round with the old replys round here do u haha

nice one fella, much apprciated ...

With your truck (which is a pearla might i add, nicely done) is the 4" through 2 of each or is it just suspension ???

Comment

2" bodylift, Landcruiser springs on the rear which give around 2.5 inches (Mine are standard softer springs so they compress slightly, the HDJ80 springs give 3" and are very stiff) The front has had the torsion bar springs adjusted plus I've installed an all aluminium V8 which gave the front end a 2" lift.(100kg weight saving over the 2.4 diesel engine)

Comment

The 2 chaps by mine off this site mentioned about using landcruiser springs too, might be sumthin to look in to ...

So all u dun at the front was wind the torsion bar up and lost a load of weight, does that mean your running standard springs and shocks aswell (up front)

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
              The 2 chaps by mine off this site mentioned about using landcruiser springs too, might be sumthin to look in to ...

So all u dun at the front was wind the torsion bar up and lost a load of weight, does that mean your running standard springs and shocks aswell (up front)
              The torsion bars are the springs and yes, they are stock bars.. I'm still using standard shocks on the front at the moment too.

If you fit L/C springs you'll need longer extending shocks too don't forget.
              You could fit balljoint spacers to the front but they don't actually give any lift, just more front suspension articulation. You'll need to fit free-wheeling hubs too unless you like replacing your C/V joint boots every month.

Re: the wheels you need to calculate what back spacing (off-set) you want as well. Too much and the tyres may rub on the ends of the wheel arches or inner guards when turning.

Comment

If i throw a set of the landcruiser HDJ80 springs on the back, what am i best fitting shock wise, u mentioned the HDJ's are nearer 3" will the 2" rear gas shocks still work ???

Sorry to keep askin u loads of questions just dont wanna make no mistakes
                Last edited by Antony_James; 20 November 2008, 21:03.

Comment

If i throw a set of the landcruiser HDJ80 springs on the back, what am i best fitting shock wise, u mentioned the HDJ's are nearer 3" will the 2" rear gas shocks still work ???
                  If you mean you have +2" rear shocks then yes, they'll be OK. Stock stocks will be fully extended all the time with the L/C springs.

Comment

Very last question now mate haha ...

what shocks would u suggest,

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=165&vid=851

would they surfice ???

Comment

Very last question now mate haha ...

what shocks would u suggest,

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=165&vid=851

would they surfice ???
                      Those shocks will be OK, +3" would be better if you're planning any hardcore off-roading though.

Good luck in getting some as a number of members on here have had a hard time getting hold of them.

Comment

here hoping then aye, nice one for the help

Comment

I want to know where you get get these rims new for the surfs?

I'm going for 33/13.5/15 when i sorce the rims first.
                          [img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2484/gangrenebannervx3.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by GanGrene View Post
                            I want to know where you get get these rims new for the surfs?

I'm going for 33/13.5/15 when i sorce the rims first.
                            As in the 1st post look here JCS 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X