Tyre and rim help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre and rim help

okay i have a 1992 surf 2.4td and it shall be getting a 4" lift (2" sus + 2" body) and im planning on putting 33,12.50,15's on it am i going to have to do anything else or will they then fit straight on? also anyone know where i can get some black mod's or something simular got to be black in 15x8 or 15x10? or just any cheap rims in that size.

Jack

Yes they'll fit OK, but watch the offset of the wheels. I have -32mm 10" wide rims and dont get any rubbing, though I know some of those with -50mm do.

As far as where to get them, try Silverline 4x4. 10" are normally about £60 a piece, but I bought a wheel and tyre package from them and they worked out about £40-£45 each.

Also, as Rod Leach (I think) posted somewhere, not all 33s are 33. My Maxxis measure 31.8 x 13.5 in reality, whereas BFG ATs measure just a smidge under 33.
    Last edited by Apache; 1 May 2008, 11:56.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Yes they'll fit OK, but watch the offset of the wheels. I have -32mm 10" wide rims and dont get any rubbing, though I know some of those with -50mm do.

As far as where to get them, try Silverline 4x4. 10" are normally about £60 a piece, but I bought a wheel and tyre package from them and they worked out about £40-£45 each.

Also, as Rod Leach (I think) posted somewhere, not all 33s are 33. My Maxxis measure 31.8 x 13.5 in reality, whereas BFG ATs measure just a smidge under 33.
      thanks ive emailed them

Comment

Will these fit?

http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id/694

not sure about stud dia

Comment

Originally posted by Jackt360 View Post
          Will these fit?

http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id/694

not sure about stud dia
          Should be ok, i would contact them an check for fitment on a '4runner'

The sh!t bit is knowing if they will fit over the lumps on the end of both diffs. they need a fairly hefty hole in the middle!

Also, a 15"x10" with a -44 offset would probably rub a small amount with just a 4" lift. You might either consider changing the lift parts if you havent ordered them yet or..... getting a fcuk off hammer!

Comment

yup, if you're considering spending out and importing some alloys try http://www.offroadmdg.co.uk/html/wheels.html or http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Mickey_Thompson.html by the time you've paid shipping and stuff from the states you'll not be far off their prices anyway.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

how much do you think postage from the states will be then?

Comment

think i may leave the fancy wheels until i have more important items on the truck, is there anywhere i can order some cheap 15x10's from the net?

Comment

Nero has a point... in the 1st post you asked for cheap rims.

I looked into importing some 'street locks' from the USA. Cheap rims but shipping was about £400 an that was a "me get my fat a$$ down to the Airport an sort out my own customs charge" which is a pain...

Silverline4x4 do some awesome 15"x10" Black modular rims

Both myself an Apache have them

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Nero has a point... in the 1st post you asked for cheap rims.

I looked into importing some 'street locks' from the USA. Cheap rims but shipping was about £400 an that was a "me get my fat a$$ down to the Airport an sort out my own customs charge" which is a pain...

Silverline4x4 do some awesome 15"x10" Black modular rims

Both myself an Apache have them

THAT IS WHAT I WANT!!!! how much were they each? ive emailed silverline awaiting reply...

Comment

THAT IS WHAT I WANT!!!! how much were they each? ive emailed silverline awaiting reply...
                      I think Apache said it earlier but they are around £60 each. Fantastic wheels.

Good offset! Allows a little more free roam on the tyre size. Ive got 35"s an Apache has 33x13.50!

Call silverline up an mention that youve seen them on a site about hilux surfs an they might be able to do a deal. They are great blokes to deal with.

I messed up an forgot to get the correct wheel nuts... called them up an they did me a cracker on a full set!

Comment

I think Apache said it earlier but they are around £60 each. Fantastic wheels.

Good offset! Allows a little more free roam on the tyre size. Ive got 35"s an Apache has 33x13.50!

Call silverline up an mention that youve seen them on a site about hilux surfs an they might be able to do a deal. They are great blokes to deal with.

I messed up an forgot to get the correct wheel nuts... called them up an they did me a cracker on a full set!

is there any different offsets they come in? do you know what offset yours are? im putting 33,12.50 kumho KL71's on do you have any idea of how they will sit in the arch? will they stick out at all? also will i be able to get decent articulation still as its purely for offroad??

Comment

is there any different offsets they come in? do you know what offset yours are? im putting 33,12.50 kumho KL71's on do you have any idea of how they will sit in the arch? will they stick out at all? also will i be able to get decent articulation still as its purely for offroad??
                          Offset is -32mm. mine stick out about an inch at most. My tyres are 12.50 wide same as the Kumho.

They sit nice in the arch... Personally i would look into landcruiser springs if its mainly for offroad... they give a higher lift. if you can achieve a 4" front an 5" rear then you will have no issues running at all.

They are a good choice in rim an ive heard a lot of positive things about the KL71 too!

Comment

Offset is -32mm. mine stick out about an inch at most. My tyres are 12.50 wide same as the Kumho.

They sit nice in the arch... Personally i would look into landcruiser springs if its mainly for offroad... they give a higher lift. if you can achieve a 4" front an 5" rear then you will have no issues running at all.

They are a good choice in rim an ive heard a lot of positive things about the KL71 too!
                            okay cheers where can i get the lc springs? because i was just going to get 2" springs
                            Last edited by Jackt360; 2 May 2008, 13:10.

Comment

got a reply from silverline £60 each so i will get the wheels from them and getting the tyres from roughtrax and then get my mate to fit them for free now i just have to wait till wednesday for the money.....

Comment

Working...
                              X