quick question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question?

i've 15x8 alloys on ther way, whats the largest mud tyre i can get on a 1990 surf, with side steps..! no lift!

and not bothered about the width, would rather tall than thick!

i know i've asked a simular question before, when it comes to ordering the blights i forgot

Ade

31" tyres would be best if you have no lift. Anything taller and they'll rub on the body. As for width, I have 10.5"
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
      31" tyres would be best if you have no lift. Anything taller and they'll rub on the body. As for width, I have 10.5"
      Alright there Captain..

so its 31.10.50?

cheers bud

Comment

31x10.50x15 in imperial sizes or 265/75/15 is the closest metric size
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Cheers Lads, many thanks...

Comment

Hi, I'm curious which Eagle Alloys you chose...
            and have you recieved them yet?
            I'd love a set of teh 186 type in 15x8, but they tell me they won't clear the callipers.
            Please let me know!
            thanks

Comment

wheels

Originally posted by shox75 View Post
              Hi, I'm curious which Eagle Alloys you chose...
              and have you recieved them yet?
              I'd love a set of teh 186 type in 15x8, but they tell me they won't clear the callipers.
              Please let me know!
              thanks
              Alright there..

The alloys are 058 Eagles alloys custom polished wheels 15x8..! i bought them from www.tomzwheels.com in LA, the garage has fitted BFGoodrich Mud T's 31 x 10 . 50 but i'm waiting for a full recon Engine which is coming up from England before they get fitted, this should, fingers crossed!! be done by Wednesday 7th, i'll let you know..!

you've kind'a got me worried though dude, i'm hoping they fit..HA

Comment

Any 15" rim will clear the caliper on a 2nd gen truck. 3rd gens need 16" rims to clear.

The biggest problem you may face as far as just the rim is concerned is the lip hitting the erm.... bit of the upper wishbone that sticks out the most!

I know its a technical post

But still i wouldnt worry about it mate! They will look awesome when there fited!

Comment

alright there Lad's

will post some picts..! next week..

Shox75 good luck with the Wheels and welcome to the Forum..!!!

take it easy folks..

Ade

Comment

Rod mate, you are quickly becoming the wheel and tyre 'dude' of the forum. nice work mate.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      Rod mate, you are quickly becoming the wheel and tyre 'dude' of the forum. nice work mate.
                      Cheers mate! i appreciate that.

Comment

Funny thing, I ordered the wheels from the same company, Tomzwheels on ebay. But I'm located in Canada. I guess I should be the one worried if they haven't said anything to you when ordering. Anyhow I've ordered them and I guess I'll find out next week!
                        After inspecting the calliper of the surf, the only thing I could see that may cause an issue is that the calliper looks like it sits out further then the hub. If the mounting surface of the wheel is flush then that may be the issue.

BTW the 058 wheels are very identical to the 186's I bought but with smaller holes. Did you get the -30 offset?
                        Last edited by shox75; 2 May 2008, 01:06.

Comment

Originally posted by shox75 View Post
                          Funny thing, I ordered the wheels from the same company, Tomzwheels on ebay. But I'm located in Canada. I guess I should be the one worried if they haven't said anything to you when ordering. Anyhow I've ordered them and I guess I'll find out next week!
                          After inspecting the calliper of the surf, the only thing I could see that may cause an issue is that the calliper looks like it sits out further then the hub. If the mounting surface of the wheel is flush then that may be the issue.

BTW the 058 wheels are very identical to the 186's I bought but with smaller holes. Did you get the -30 offset?
                          the offset is -30mm and backspacing 31/4 if you have any questions, Katrina at tomzwheels was very helpful : TomZwheels@aol.com

hope this helps..!

Comment

Working...
                          X