Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32" or 31s or a lift with 33s

Alright there folks..

Can i get 32" tyre on a 1990 surf/4runner, without a lift?

if not what is the largest size MT's i can get on there..?

if i get a 2" lift from Roughtrax will 31-32" BFG MT look ok or will i have to buy 33s..?

cheers all...

Ade

p.s last thing 31-32x10 will go onto 15x8 alloys right..!

think I'm gonna buck the trend so I've already got me flame suit ready....

if you're not gonna use your truck off road regularly then I would say don't lift it or buy MT's for that matter, you will be seriously compromising the trucks on road abilities... it's worth remembering a stock truck with good AT's is still very good off road
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by spillthesoup View Post
      Alright there folks..

Can i get 32" tyre on a 1990 surf/4runner, without a lift?

if not what is the largest size MT's i can get on there..?

if i get a 2" lift from Roughtrax will 31-32" BFG MT look ok or will i have to buy 33s..?

cheers all...

Ade

p.s last thing 31-32x10 will go onto 15x8 alloys right..!

Ok first up

Yes a 10.50 up to 12.50 wide tyre will fit on an 8" rim

Right, you will need a lot more lift then just 2" to fit on 33" tyres.

Im not sure how well a 32" tyre will fit stock height. Probably rub a fair bit. Most 32" tyres are 11.50 wide. So you have that extra 0.5" a side to deal with.

Dee has some valid points!!

Any form of MT and/or lift will compromise on road handling!

personally i'd get a mild lift (2" suspension) an then check the amount of space in the arches an maybe look at 32x11.50 if you dont want to go crazy.

a lot of what will/wont work is down to the offset of the rim. If they stick out too much you will struggle!! Hope that kind of helps abit

Comment

32" tyre, 2" suspention lift is what i'd like.......! money is now a major concern!

now i have to find a good recon 2.4td 1990 engine and ship it to Dulnain Bridge garage.

i do find myself off-road everyday i go to work, but nothing major even though my work as a forester incompasis Moray and the Grampian Highlands. The hight has let me down on a few tracks but then thats just the end of the road and i walk the rest of the way... I'd rather walk than find myself further in shit..! especially without a winch! all this i dont mind, she's my work wagon but i still want to keep her good for the road... otherwise i would have bought a hilux pick-up..!

cheers for the help lad's

i'm now thinking 31" forget the lift but still get the MT's, belive me if i didn't have 4wheel drive i would'na get through the front gate!

cheers, Ade

Comment

2" uprated springs and shocks m8, with 31's. can you get 31 11.5? I have 31/10.5 and they look a bit slim.
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
          X