Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get 4 tyres

eh up,

I'm currently running on 4 bridgestone winterterrain tyres, which frankly are sh!te. crap in the dry, crap in the wet, might be good in the snow, but we still didn't have any, and wear out quicker than if i was using chewing gum on them instead of rubber!! but they came with the car, so who ami to complain?

well i've nearly got through them, which is good, bar the fact that i now need to fork out on 4 tyres.

the wheel are 15" split rims, so i thinm they're wider than normal, and tyres are currently 265/70/r15, which is practically the same as 31's.

I'd love bfg a/t's again. i had them on my last surf and they were great as they never seemed to wear out, gripped well in enough on all road condition and were great in general off roading. BUT they're expensive.

are the generaly grabbers, thas good, or nearly as good as the bfg, or do they just copy the tread pattern without any of the other benefits?

I loooove the look or the khumo kl71's (plus the fact they're cheaper!), but are they any good on road?

I will be maily driving on road, with behaps 2 proper offraoding days a year, so want a good alrounder, but mainly to have good wear, as i don't want to buying more soon, plus the fact i don't generally hang around on the roads (who'd of thought you could learn to hold a surf in a drift?).

cheers for the advice, i'm off to play witht he search button monster!

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

www.camskill.com is without doubt the cheapest you will find tyres!! (not sure they list Generals....)

Anyway, Ive heard good things about all those tyres.

I want to say the KL71's would be worse on a wet road then the GG an BFG but the reports ive heard here from members are that they are very good in the wet... so i dunno! toss a coin

Comment

Hi,
      Sounds like AT`s are the choice for you. Camskill is cheapest overall with a wide range and defo cheaper for the BFG`s. (About £87). BFG is probably the longest wearing best all-rounder. Check formula4.co.uk and 4x4tyres.com. Consider Goodyear Wrangler, General Grabber, BFG, Toyo, Kumho, Maxxis to name a few.
      Good Luck. Tyre choice, being a big investment, is very important so do your research. I`ve been researching for ages and still have`nt made up my mind!
      chris