a bit of a daft question - maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit of a daft question - maybe

i am looking for new rubber, something a bit more ggggrrrrr!

either machos or recips, any how i have bfg at at teh mo on a 15" rim, 10.5. either 30 or 31....

can i fit 33/12.5/15 or do i need a new rim, i have a 2" sus lift and a body lift is going on before the rubber is brought.

i cant see a problem only...

also if i buy the rubber and take them to a local well known rip off tyre place to fit will they have tubes or do i need to get them seperate??? my bfg are tubed...

thanks in advance for any advice

graham

You shouldn't need tubes, unless your wheels are porous!

12.5" wheels SHOULD go on a 10" rim, but you can get away with 8 or even 7's if your desperate, but some tyre places won't fit them in case anything goes wrong and to sue them.

Ironically, 4" of lift is normally OK for 33's on a narrow rim, but they will still rub a little on a 10" rim.

Your biggest problem will be the poor little 2.4 motor trying to turn them round!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

well i was going to try and sort that out as it is not doing too well at the minute, seems really gutless....

dont really know what to look for, posted a thread in the 2.4 section and got a few hits but....

oh well, it might be a new tranny or even a transplant????

we'll see

thanks tony

ttfn

graham

Comment

okay so i get some 31/10.5/15 do i go for the machos or recip trails, are the recips worth the extra 6 beer tokens??? or the kuhmos for 4 extra tokens than the machos???
        Last edited by graham78; 11 July 2007, 00:34.

Comment

I like the look of the Recips meself, i also like the look of the Insa Turbo Special Tracks and Kumho KL71s
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Working...
          X