which r best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which r best

Which r best for getting though the brown stuff, big fat tyres or thin tyres.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two different schools of thought

-little skinny ones to sink through the soft stuff and find traction on something solid underneath

-big fat ones with plenty deep tread to get as much grip as possible on the soft stuff

both are valid but big fat ones look better
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

tyres

there is only one good tyre.BF GOODRIDGE MT,my mate has had his for three years now and they still look new,i on the other hand have only had mine for about three months and cant complain i think they are great,

Comment

insa turbo special tracks. 55 quid each for 33's so aggressive you wont spin them, only available in 16's though. incredible tyre.
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Try these, they're about £90 a corner fittied and balanced, but have a good rep in USA and AUS, and they have very rough/muddy terrain.

They are fantastic in the mud.
          Last edited by plumb bob; 3 June 2007, 15:38.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

don't know about brown stuf but on white my 2CV with skinny tyres (and what weight there is over driven wheels) will get through deep snow and out performed a L*** R****. The rare 4x4 ones (2 engines!) go just about everywhere.
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

About a month ago I bought some Enduro Runway ATs, have used them a few times now in the mud and found them really good, in fact haven't had them stuck yet!!! They are cheap but great value i paid £328 for 5 fitted and balanced. they also look pretty good as well as they are pretty chunky. I have used them on road in the wet and dry as well and found they stick in most conditions, even through big puddles. Well recommended!!!!! there are pictures in previous posts.
              Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Fat is where its at! No contest.

35x16/15 TSL Boggers!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  insa turbo special tracks. 55 quid each for 33's so aggressive you wont spin them, only available in 16's though. incredible tyre.
                  where are you finding them andrew?

i couldnt get them in that size a few months back.

went for greenway machos.

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
                    Which r best for getting though the brown stuff, big fat tyres or thin tyres.
                    After watching a few videos on YouTube, general consensus amongst Yanks is that tall and thin is best for mud, and with the normal Yank driving style (huge engine, and lead boots) it does seem to work well. However, I reckon that us Brits with a slightly more conservative approach, the fat tyres are probably best.

Mind you, I've seen you in the mud.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Fat is where its at! No contest.

35x16/15 TSL Boggers!

541T !! Thats a monster. It looks awsome. I bet you struggle to get up kerbs

Comment

Working...
                      X