yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15" tyres or 16" ?? What would anyone go for and why !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" tyres or 16" ?? What would anyone go for and why !!

Im looking to get a new set of wheels and tyres, I was just going to get some 31/10.5/15, But ive noticed a lot of people are using 16s. What is the reason. Is it to make it higher and better to get it higher without fitting a bigger lift kit. Please enlighten me. thanks.

more sizes available in 15". 16" probably just for looks
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Rim dia won't effect hieght, that is decided on what size tyres you buy.

Toyota started fitting 16" rim so they could get bigger brakes on the Surf. 1" extra dia on the rim won't make a huge different to handling, but in general bigger wheel and less tyre makes for better handling as you have less sidewall flex. On the other hand, if you use your truck properly, more tyre side wall gives more bite as it flexes over rocks when aired down, so its better offroad.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

There tends to be a better choice in this country of "serious" off-road tyres in 16" because of the influence of a certain green oval.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thanks for that guys, Im just trying to work out what i want to do with the surf, Im after some alloys, and i put some new standard springs on a few month ago now im toying with the idea of lifting it up a couple of inch, Is there any point in lifting it up just 2 inch. Most of my usage is on the road so i would like it to be very good on the road, Im only wanting it lifting just for looks reaily. What would be my best choice a lift between 2 inch to 4 inch not sure which would it be best doing a 4" lift on the suspension or 2 on suspension and 2 on body or what. What would it drive like on the road and how much might i beable to do it for.. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 jeep
            Thanks for that guys, Im just trying to work out what i want to do with the surf, Im after some alloys, and i put some new standard springs on a few month ago now im toying with the idea of lifting it up a couple of inch, Is there any point in lifting it up just 2 inch. Most of my usage is on the road so i would like it to be very good on the road, Im only wanting it lifting just for looks reaily. What would be my best choice a lift between 2 inch to 4 inch not sure which would it be best doing a 4" lift on the suspension or 2 on suspension and 2 on body or what. What would it drive like on the road and how much might i beable to do it for.. Thanks.
            I done my lifts using the l/cruiser springs and 2" body lift to give a total 5" lift for about £450 but i still need to get bigger tyres yet tho
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              I done my lifts using the l/cruiser springs and 2" body lift to give a total 5" lift for about £450 but i still need to get bigger tyres yet tho
              What alterations did you have to do to lift the body up ? Did any pipes or wires have to be made longer ? where did you get the springs from ? Does it make much of a diffrence on road handeling and mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 jeep
                What alterations did you have to do to lift the body up ? Did any pipes or wires have to be made longer ? where did you get the springs from ? Does it make much of a diffrence on road handeling and mpg.
                On the 3l you don't need the rad drop brackets but you will need the bumper brackets tho which all come in the kit from jotto or bushwacker.You will need to trim a bit out where the steering rack goes thru the bulkhead and also for the hi/lo lever.The springs are from milners and are the hdj80 L/c springs at £44 + vat + p&p.
                i will find the thread with all the parts i got for my lift and post it up for you

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29961
                  here's the link to the kit i put on mine.I have also got ball joint spacers to go on also which takes to total up to about £500.
                  I haven't noticed alot of differance in handling tho but since i took the anti roll bars off i do get a bit more body roll

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                    There tends to be a better choice in this country of "serious" off-road tyres in 16" because of the influence of a certain green oval.
                    thats the reason i changed to 16"s,

couldnt get the tyres that i wanted in 15"

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                    X