Falken LA/ATs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken LA/ATs

Right after a lot of deliberation I have decided to go for a set of Falken LA/AT as these seem to have a pretty good write ups and are about the right price for what I was looking to spend.....so I went to the local dealer to order some in, as he's going to beat the best price I could find on line, which is when it got complicated again. ....they do two sizes that will fit my surf 265/70/R15 or 30x10.50 R15.

Now I know that they are practically the same just different measurements, ie imperial, but is there any benefit to either or as the price isn't much different.

Can anyone shed any light on whether it makes a difference which size I go for??

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Born to be wild!!

Id go for 31x10.5 mate! I think there a lil narrower an a lil bit taller! at least thats what i read here so dont blame me!!

I had Falkens on my old surf!

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog
      Right after a lot of deliberation I have decided to go for a set of Falken LA/AT as these seem to have a pretty good write ups and are about the right price for what I was looking to spend.....so I went to the local dealer to order some in, as he's going to beat the best price I could find on line, which is when it got complicated again. ....they do two sizes that will fit my surf 265/70/R15 or 30x10.50 R15.

Now I know that they are practically the same just different measurements, ie imperial, but is there any benefit to either or as the price isn't much different.

Can anyone shed any light on whether it makes a difference which size I go for??

Thanks in advance
      good choice sir, didn't think you can get the 30x10.5 R15. Tried doing a search for them on Falken's site and it didn't match. You can get the 31x10.5 R15, which is what I've got on mine
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
        good choice sir, didn't think you can get the 30x10.5 R15. Tried doing a search for them on Falken's site and it didn't match. You can get the 31x10.5 R15, which is what I've got on mine

........What he said.........thats what I meant!!!
        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

........What he said.........thats what I meant!!!
          oops, like cellars do we? lol

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach]Id go for 31x10.5 mate! I think there a lil narrower an a lil bit taller! at least thats what i read here so dont blame me!!

They look pretty damn good, what were they like off the hard stuff???
            Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

[QUOTE=mudhog]
              Originally posted by RodLeach
              Id go for 31x10.5 mate! I think there a lil narrower an a lil bit taller! at least thats what i read here so dont blame me!!

never had any problems with mine. done most of that laning with you and only had to use 4wd a few times.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jason_b555]

never had any problems with mine. done most of that laning with you and only had to use 4wd a few times.
                Sounds good i think i'll pick some up next week when I get back from Blackpool.

Cheers mate
                Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

[QUOTE=mudhog]
                  Originally posted by Jason_b555

Sounds good i think i'll pick some up next week when I get back from Blackpool.

Cheers mate
                  where are you getting them from?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jason_b555]

where are you getting them from?
                    Pro tyre in Fareham, £377 for 5 fitted and balanced etc. although I have just been up and had a look at them and compared them directly with the Enduro's and the Enduro's look a lot more chunky which has got to be better off road!! plus they are £330 all in. saw a surk round the corner from me running Enduro's i'm going to see if I can sneak a closer look when he's not there.
                    Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

[QUOTE=mudhog]

Not bad mate! Its quiet an agressive tread on them! Only real problem i had is there were beyond bad in puddles!! just make sure if you go near one that the steering wheel is held with all your strength!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach]

Not bad mate! Its quiet an agressive tread on them! Only real problem i had is there were beyond bad in puddles!! just make sure if you go near one that the steering wheel is held with all your strength!!!
                        Nice one, that seems to be a problem with a lot of these types of tyres
                        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

[QUOTE=mudhog]

Nice one, that seems to be a problem with a lot of these types of tyres
                          Very true mate!! Well you cant have your cake AND eat it! Im SURE road tyres give better performance etc etc but they look well....sheight!
                          I was well happy with the falkens when i picked my surf up with them!!
                          Took me aaagggesss to find the website for them! kept lookin for falcons!

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach]

yeah my Falkens are great fun on a wet road. Have a had a few butt clenching moments on cornering wet roads. Just gotta ease off the gas a little more.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jason_b555]

yeah my Falkens are great fun on a wet road. Have a had a few butt clenching moments on cornering wet roads. Just gotta ease off the gas a little more.

yeah i had loads of moments like that! I used to go into puddles on purpose cuz of the mess they made but after putting falkens on the old surf, well all i can say is..... Trust pink! Forget stains!

Comment

Working...
                              X