yokohama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yokohama?

Hi all, my husband has his eye on the yokohama geolander go11 at tyres, what a mouth full!, anyway, he reckons they look good but does anyone know if they are any good on road for noise, wear etc? thanks.

The only experience I've had with Yokohama tyres is on performance cars and they wear down quite fast.
    That put me off buying 4x4 tyres from them, so I bought these instead.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=229&vid=912

Very quiet on the road, excellent off road and very good value.

Comment

Again don't know much about the yokos, but if you do a seach on some of the ausie sites you may find some feed back.

I got the cooper STT's ( 1st pic)but they do give a little road noise, so the cooper ST's would be a better choice,They both cost about £90 a corner incl. fitting and balancing, and give excellent milage, but the roughtrax deal is hard to beat for price/quality.
      Last edited by plumb bob; 17 April 2007, 20:29.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by alisonb
        Hi all, my husband has his eye on the yokohama geolander go11 at tyres, what a mouth full!, anyway, he reckons they look good but does anyone know if they are any good on road for noise, wear etc? thanks.
        i had some of them on my truck, the back end use to slide on the smallest of turns, the wear and road noise were good tho, i have now changed my tyres to Colway C-Trax MT, from here http://www.gearedtogo.co.uk/product.php?id=4&q=1

Comment

Geolander AT's on mine, haven't had it long enough to add much other than they are quiet and don't wander on road.
          Wax on, wax off

Comment

I have a set on my truck. I reckon they are useless on the road. However I think they are Jap ones and therefore the rubber has gone off and is hard due to age. They slip and slide on the slightest bend. Only off roaded slightly and they got me in and out.

Comment

I have the same as Vince (I didn't copy him) General Grabber AT2 from RoughTrax - they are excellent on and off road, and I've also got a set of General Grabber UHP for road use - and they were fantastic off road too in Wales!
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I've still got the original Geolander H/T's on mine and in three years they've not worn that much and are good in the wet and reasaonably quiet That said, they are road tyres and I've only done about 13K miles in the car since I bought it.
                Mike G

Comment

Working...
                X