No announcement yet.

Which Tyres???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy whos dies mine comes and collects the Surf, fits and balances the new tyres, washes and services it while he has it and pays me for the privilege of doing it. While Im waiting he sends me for lunch with his young model wife to a 5 star hotel.

This thread is starting to look like a reversal of Monty Pythons old yorkshiremen sketch

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Aye, and you try telling te kids of today that, and they won't believe ya! No!
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

This thread is starting to look like a reversal of Monty Pythons old yorkshiremen sketch

In an attempt to stop this thread being hijacked has anyone used Falken LA/AT tyres and are they any good.

Cheers
        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog

In an attempt to stop this thread being hijacked has anyone used Falken LA/AT tyres and are they any good.

Cheers
          I run 31" falkens ATs and I they work well. Had them on when I went laning with you, and they allowed to stay in two wheel drive through a lot of the tracks. Got mine off Sparkz from the forum, but had to replace one, punctured it within a day of fitting it lol. Cost £82 for new tyre, fitted, balanced and disposal of the old one. that was from county tyres in Southampton http://www.county-tyres.co.uk/
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
            I run 31" falkens ATs and I they work well. Had them on when I went laning with you, and they allowed to stay in two wheel drive through a lot of the tracks. Got mine off Sparkz from the forum, but had to replace one, punctured it within a day of fitting it lol. Cost £82 for new tyre, fitted, balanced and disposal of the old one. that was from county tyres in Southampton http://www.county-tyres.co.uk/

Cheers Jason,

Just been quoted 72.92 for the 265/70/15 fully fitted balanced etc.

but then they said it was more of a road tyre......yours looked pretty good and went well so he is probably full of S*** and trying to sell me BFGs

http://www.toyotahilux.com/media.php?file=224 just saw these at roughtrax look pretty good but never heard of them??? there Enduro 31x10.50.15 for £48 plus £8 p&p
            Last edited by mudhog; 10 April 2007, 13:29.
            Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Has anyone tried these???? what the verdict on them.

I see a lot of people on here use Colway tyres and seem pretty happy with them i take it theres no problem in tha fact that there remoulds??
              Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

I see a lot of people on here use Colway tyres and seem pretty happy with them i take it theres no problem in tha fact that there remoulds??
                I've Colway Machos on, and the are really good off road, kinda eat diesel on the road, so I don't go above 50 really, but good none the less.
                There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Cheers Jason,

Just been quoted 72.92 for the 265/70/15 fully fitted balanced etc.

but then they said it was more of a road tyre......yours looked pretty good and went well so he is probably full of S*** and trying to sell me BFGs

http://www.toyotahilux.com/media.php?file=224 just saw these at roughtrax look pretty good but never heard of them??? there Enduro 31x10.50.15 for £48 plus £8 p&p
                  Think he was trying to spin you a story. I've had no problems on or off road with my Falkens.
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I got them on my MOT wheels, i wasn't that impressed with them offroad so bought a set of steels with colway m/ts on for offroad. Just can't be ar$ed to change them everytime i go offroad so leave the colways on all the time but the colways are getting pretty shredded up now so keeping the others for MOT time.

Those runway enduro's were ok on the road, nice and quiet, maybe a little slippy in the wet, but not too good offroad.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      I got them on my MOT wheels, i wasn't that impressed with them offroad so bought a set of steels with colway m/ts on for offroad. Just can't be ar$ed to change them everytime i go offroad so leave the colways on all the time but the colways are getting pretty shredded up now so keeping the others for MOT time.

Those runway enduro's were ok on the road, nice and quiet, maybe a little slippy in the wet, but not too good offroad.
                      Just saw a surf with the Enduros on, looked pretty good , i'm surprised there no good off road as they look pretty chunky, will keep looking
                      Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

I don't know how old they were, they don't look too old, but they were on the truck when i got it, they got about 5-6mm tread left at a guess but i never measured it.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                          I don't know how old they were, they don't look too old, but they were on the truck when i got it, they got about 5-6mm tread left at a guess but i never measured it.
                          No problem, i may give them a go unless I can get a better price on something else. No quite decided yet
                          Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Working...
                          X