Kumho MT 31x10.5/15 ON ROAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumho MT 31x10.5/15 ON ROAD?

Was thinking of getting Kumho MT 31x10.5/15 they look the dogs but I don't really do off roading, will the tread wear away pretty quick if I use just for on road? how many miles do u expect to get any know? The tyers I have are only 1 year old with loads of life left but slid abit in the wet and squeak abit around coners which drives me mad there called Maxxis 750 Bravo stay clearn there rubbish any want them if I get my Kumho's LOL.
    Cheers fellow surfes for help, such a good website.
    3.0TD Black 1994 SURF
    Surfer

If you're looking to improve wet weather handling on the road, and do not need mud-plugging abilities, they MT's are not the best solution for you.
    Compaired to tyres targeted at road use they will wear quicker, offer less wet weather grip on tarmac and be noiser. Altough they will look good

Why not consider getting an AT rather than an MT, or if you never intend to go off-road, than the safest, best tyre to use would be one designed purely for on-road uses.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I've had mud tyres on my truck for the past two years, although they weren't Kumhos, the tread pattern was exactly the same.
      I had a set of these fitted last week.........

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=229&vid=912

Very impressed so far, I much prefer them to the muds, extremely grippy in the wet/snow, so I'll guess they'll stick like sh*t to a blanket in the dry, plus they're quiet on the road and have outlined white lettering, which is nice!

Comment

Thanks for repley, I quess your right will get some AT more pratical as long as they look meaty and aggrisive

Hi Vince been reading ur theads on ur tyre search think I might go for them they look smart, glad u got there in the end. And I like dealing with Roughtrax so thats cool. Thanks
        Last edited by davebloke2000; 11 February 2007, 20:05.
        Surfer

Comment

Working...
        X