Bridgestone Dueler HT, an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Dueler HT, an update

Slow puncture on the front nearside meant a trip to Kwick fit only to find the tyre has a 2" slash middle of tread, down to carcase (scr@p). So removed brand new tyre from the spare and fit on front rim. Ordered another dueler for the offside and the tyre that was on the offside with 5mm tread can go on the spare. Simple.
    The fitter checked up on the milage when the duelers were origonaly fit and then double checked the tread depth again on all tyres, between 4 and 5mm, checked the new tyre and its 9mm, re-check the origonal paperwork, then informs me that I am only 475 miles shy of 50,000 miles on one set of Duelers, and I still have 4mm tread left minimum on the two remaining rears and spare.
    OK at £90 a corner fitted they are not the cheapest initial lay out for tyres, but take into account the longevity and they have got to be value for money.

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

can i ask were you got them from please as i have them fitted to mine but only two need replacing and want them all to match cheers mat
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
      can i ask were you got them from please as i have them fitted to mine but only two need replacing and want them all to match cheers mat
      You cant get better than a kwik fit fitter m8, best price on 4 was £90 a corner, and they honoured that for one replacement.

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

thanks for that chap
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

i paid £76 each fitted ,new valve and balance for my 2 , independant tyre centre

Comment

My brother fitted my Duellers at trade +VAT. I'm not telling.

I have noticed since putting the duallers back on that the front steering geometry is out again. I think it is the castor angle because the tracking is spot on. The tyres are scrubbing on the inside. The Marshall Mud Terrains seemed to mask the uneven wear due to the 3/4" deep tread.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
            X