Falken LA/AT (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken LA/AT (?)

Was wondering if anyone has these tyres? Can't seem to find any opinions of them on T'Internet and they seem fairly cheap.

http://www.falken-europe.de/enen/con...-at_enen.shtml

Had some on a pickup about 10 years ago!

There are a good all year round road tyre, an occasional offroad use.

IMHO, they aren't as good as a BFG A/T offroad, but similar on the road.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sounds spot-on then. Only just starting to take it off road at the moment so they'll probably do me for a while. Can't argue with £55 a corner either.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have Falken AT's on at the moment, cos I got them for 230 for four, fitted

They aren't very off road at all, but they had a heck of a tread depth when new. actually to start with until I scrubbed them a bit they seemed a bit skittish. but they've been fine and the set has now done 27,000 miles, which I thought was just unbelievably good on a big beastie. I was just looking for two new ones for the back

Comment

I have falkens on my truck, they came with it brand new when i bought it. i have not had any diffrent tyres on the truck so cant compare against any other tyres realy.. but the truck doesnt like wet raods at all, i assume that the tyres are the reason why!!! not done any major off road so cant comment on that....
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Do any of you have photos of the falkens fitted to your trucks?? also, where can i get 4 for £230?? as i ive been quoted 300
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
              Do any of you have photos of the falkens fitted to your trucks?? also, where can i get 4 for £230?? as i ive been quoted 300
              I got mine from Selecta Tyre, in macclesfield. i think there's a branch in newark (the only town name that is an anagram of W***er) - is that near you?

Give them a call as they don't carry them (or much 4x4 stuff) stock, just get them in to order.

Dave
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Medieval Dave; 25 May 2006, 16:57. Reason: Add photos

Comment

thanks, do ther tyres have any white writing on them at all???

cheers

Comment

Nope, mine are just raised up. you can get a tyre art pen cheap enough though if you like the look of that. works amazingly well.

Dave

Comment

cheers, must be a different tyre to that one asked about in the post then cos they have raised white lettering... bugger

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                      cheers, must be a different tyre to that one asked about in the post then cos they have raised white lettering... bugger
                      Same tread pattern and same actual writing except not white - perhaps they changed them, mine have been on a year or more.

Comment

Alternative

I was running these and found them a little fun in the wet. I needed to replace all five of mine...... and couldn't stretch to BFG's so went for Enduro Runway A/T's (http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=16&vid=697) as used by Roughtrax, seem good on road and in the wet, lots of tread and seem to have a nice "edge" to them although I have yet to test off-rad properly.

I got five for £280 compared to £420 for BFG's

Hope that helps

Rob
                        Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                          Same tread pattern and same actual writing except not white - perhaps they changed them, mine have been on a year or more.
                          Thanks dave for looking

Comment

Iv'e been running Falcon AT's for over 18Months now and i have to agree with some of the replys that they do not hold the road at all in the wet. They tend to spin and slide all over the place, Can be quite scarey at times!!

I also got these because i couldn't afford BFG's at the time.

Have attached a pic for you.
                            1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Working...
                            X