ECT button ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECT button ?

hi new member just bought me a surf collect it at weekend but the dealer cant tell me much about what it all does i found on the site about the red button but the ECT thread is closed can anyone help a newbie please

Originally posted by gadget
    hi new member just bought me a surf collect it at weekend but the dealer cant tell me much about what it all does i found on the site about the red button but the ECT thread is closed can anyone help a newbie please

welcome aboard

ect is basically a sport mode for the auto box, it allows the engine to rev higher inbetween gears = less mpg
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Just be careful of the flux capicitor under the seat.
      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by gadget
        and if its not a 3rd gen multi mode 4x4 learn how and when to engage 4x4 or you will destroy the tranny at best crash at worst
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
          and if its not a 3rd gen multi mode 4x4 learn how and when to engage 4x4 or you will destroy the tranny at best crash at worst
          thanks all i think i will leave it alone for now safe!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
            hehe. thats a bit harsh, you'll scare the c**p out of him!!

At best it just scrubs the tyres going round corners, on full lock you'll struggle to go forward. You can't drive for long in 4WD on the road in dry weather, the truck will let you know its not happy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X