BFGoodrich All Terrains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFGoodrich All Terrains

BFGoodrich AT KOs. Just fitted a set in 31 10.50x15 so same as the 265/70s that came off. What a tyre......... Brilliant. Expensive if you don't shop around, but ATS were doing 4 for the price of 3. Keith Blain over near Hemel Hempstead does them cheap too.
    Little bit of road noise, but good handling. VERY good off road for what looks like a road tyre. I was really surprised as I have had all the mud tyres over the years and I do USE the thing as a very dual purpose vehicle.
    Friend has a Trooper which he reckons got 50,000 miles from a set. So they last. (His Trooper has done 240,000 miles).
    So, expensive in the first place, but they do the job and they do the miles, so it all works out in the end.........

1 Surf = 30 Land Rovers (Been there, done that!)

I have just rotated my BFG A/T's front to back to even out tyre wear, they have so far done 40,000 miles and are less than half worn.Stunning tyres.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

I forgot to add - The Trooper has had a horsebox behind it for something like 160,000 miles over the years!!!! Makes the 50,000 even more impressive.
      Still, the Trooper ain't doing too bad either!

Comment

Originally posted by rodthrutheblock
        BFGoodrich AT KOs. Just fitted a set in 31 10.50x15 so same as the 265/70s that came off. What a tyre......... Brilliant. Expensive if you don't shop around, but ATS were doing 4 for the price of 3. Keith Blain over near Hemel Hempstead does them cheap too.
        Little bit of road noise, but good handling. VERY good off road for what looks like a road tyre. I was really surprised as I have had all the mud tyres over the years and I do USE the thing as a very dual purpose vehicle.
        Friend has a Trooper which he reckons got 50,000 miles from a set. So they last. (His Trooper has done 240,000 miles).
        So, expensive in the first place, but they do the job and they do the miles, so it all works out in the end.........

1 Surf = 30 Land Rovers (Been there, done that!)
        Bought my baby with the ATS KO on already! Loads of tread and good off road. A friend is thinking of getting some Mud Terrain anyone know anything about using them on road etc?
        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          Bought my baby with the ATS KO on already! Loads of tread and good off road. A friend is thinking of getting some Mud Terrain anyone know anything about using them on road etc?
          I just fitted a set of 31" BFG M/T's to Kam's truck, along with Mickey T wheels and new rear coils, looks bitchin. They are the quietest M/T's I've ever driven.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I just fitted a set of 31" BFG M/T's to Kam's truck, along with Mickey T wheels and new rear coils, looks bitchin. They are the quietest M/T's I've ever driven.

Hi Tony,

Is that a 2 inch lift on the back? How are those mt's on the road?

Cheers,

Nick.

Comment

I've got 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's on mine - done about 35,000 miles on them inc a lot of serious offroading and I love them - still got lots of life in them, but will be up for offer soon as I've bought a set of 33x12.50x15 BFG A/T's to replace them with.
              Last edited by Linda; 13 February 2006, 16:47.
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                I've got 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's on mine - done about 35,000 miles on them inc a lot of serious offroading and I love them - still got lots of life in them, but will be up for offer soon as I've bought a set of 33x12.50x15 BFG A/T's to replace them with.
                which are still sitting in the shed, eh Tony?

stir stir snigger
                I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter

stir stir snigger

dont go winding tony up when there is some bfg's in the offing....
                  need any 4x4 marts, tony? choccy bikky?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by rodthrutheblock
                    BFGoodrich AT KOs. Just fitted a set in 31 10.50x15 so same as the 265/70s that came off.
                    Looking at sth similar myself, just trying to figure out the diffs. in the models so I can get something useful on the new 98 ssr-g 3.4 showing up this Saturday. Do a fair bit of motorway driving plus some off-road when necessary up in the mountains (not super hardcore....yet) and snow during the winter. While it doesn't snow much where we live, we do get up there a fair bit during winter going boarding etc and there've been a few slippery moments with whatever's on the old girl now (some Falken road tyres I think). How are the BFG ATs in the snow? I might think about studless too when it comes down to it but it'd be nice to basically have it covered with some good ATs and chains if it gets real heavy. Any links etc to rec'd Surf tyre info would be great, cheers

Comment

Technaically, A/T's are better in average snowy road conditions than M/T's as snow sticks to itself (like when you make a snowball) so the A/T's will trap snow in the smaller tread voids and then grip fresh snow on the road better. The whole point of M/T's is that they self clean, ie, empty the tread voids each revolution so they tend to shovel snow up and then get rid of it.

BFG All Terrains good enough for any road driving and work well enough for casual offroading, BFG Mud Terrians are as good if not better than some cheaper All Terrains I've seen, and great offroad. But they won't last quite as long as A/T's if used exclusively on tarmac, but not by much.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyota
                        Looking at sth similar myself, just trying to figure out the diffs. in the models so I can get something useful on the new 98 ssr-g 3.4 showing up this Saturday. Do a fair bit of motorway driving plus some off-road when necessary up in the mountains (not super hardcore....yet) and snow during the winter. While it doesn't snow much where we live, we do get up there a fair bit during winter going boarding etc and there've been a few slippery moments with whatever's on the old girl now (some Falken road tyres I think). How are the BFG ATs in the snow? I might think about studless too when it comes down to it but it'd be nice to basically have it covered with some good ATs and chains if it gets real heavy. Any links etc to rec'd Surf tyre info would be great, cheers

my truck came with a new set of falken road tyres on 2 years ago, theres plenty of tread on them yet, but ive not had any other tyre on the truck so dont know what they are like in a comparison to others.

all i do know is they slide a bit in the wet...... well a lot....
                        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Great info, cheers. Not to hijack the thread but being a newb who has searched (honest) but still not managed to find the definitive answer I want-3rd gen ssr-g, I like the look of the BFG AT 31s, will they fit on the truck stock or do I need the 2" lift I'm thinking about first?
                          Cheers...if there's somewhere I can find the info, just point away and I'll be happy, ta

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyota
                            Great info, cheers. Not to hijack the thread but being a newb who has searched (honest) but still not managed to find the definitive answer I want-3rd gen ssr-g, I like the look of the BFG AT 31s, will they fit on the truck stock or do I need the 2" lift I'm thinking about first?
                            Cheers...if there's somewhere I can find the info, just point away and I'll be happy, ta
                            To be honest I would be amazed if the 31s didn't fit on a stock 3rd gen, after all they do fit on a 2nd Gen no problem.

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

£

Originally posted by mooter

stir stir snigger
                              you've not checked your mail lately either of you!

tut tut

Comment

Working...
                              X