BF Goodrich good or bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF Goodrich good or bad.

Im going for some new tyres got a pretty good deal, either bf goodrich all terain or cooper cobra. i want the white writing on the tyres for looks reasons so thats why im looking at these 2 makes, however i have heard that th bf goodrich all terain are absolute sh*t in the wet for road holding, did i hear right.

Nope, BFG A/T's are probably the best all round tyre for a 4x4 in my opinion.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Nope, BFG A/T's are probably the best all round tyre for a 4x4 in my opinion.

glad to hear it cos thats the tyres i want.

Comment

Not brilliant in deep mud but other than that I'd agree - best all round tyre I've ever driven on
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I agree, great grip and handling and very hard wearing too.
          French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

what are the Kumho A/T's like on and off-road?

I have read good things about the kumho M/T's, but not the A/T's...
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook

I fitted some 31" Kumho A/T's to my ex's 4Runner for her, I only drove it to the tyre place and back to Stevenage, but in my opinion, they were a little louder than BFG's, seemed to handle fine but it wasn't wet, but the biggest let down was the tread pattern was very tapered at the edges, not a square edge like the BFG's so they looked narrower and a lot less 'butch' than the BFG's.

But they were £15-20 cheaper a tyre than BFG's. Personally, I'd pay the extra and get BFG's
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG G
                Im going for some new tyres got a pretty good deal, either bf goodrich all terain or cooper cobra. i want the white writing on the tyres for looks reasons so thats why im looking at these 2 makes, however i have heard that th bf goodrich all terain are absolute sh*t in the wet for road holding, did i hear right.
                I got my Surf a few weeks ago and it came with a set of these in good condition. This is my first 4wd. I'm more used to driving sporty cars, however, they do seem to grip the road, both dry and wet, pretty well. I'm certainly pleased with them and would get another set.

Andrew
                Regards,
                Andrew
                G0RVM

Comment

I have found the BFG's to be very dangerous !!!!

You try so hard to get the back end out that you end up driving three times as fast into a corner or revving much harder out of a junction or away from the lights.

Seriously though they are much better than the Grandtrek gtII's that i had and the grip is excellent and i have an L.S.D (limited slip diff) which i think makes them even more important for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG G
                    bf goodrich all terain are absolute sh*t in the wet for road holding, did i hear right.
                    Nope - they are fab.... had my over 2 years now and I've never managed to make them slip!!
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by andycook

I run on Kumho A/T's (powerguard/venturer) and Iv'e never has any probs on or off the road,but as Tony says the tread pattern is a bit close and they do tend to clog up in claggy mud (eg the pit on a realy slimy day) but 99% of the time they are fine.
                      Got to save my pennies now though cos I want a set of M/T's for my other set of wheels.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                      X