What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Just noticed that the front passenger tyre has a crack developing in the side wall, so obviously needs replacing (esp as I am doing a 1500mile round trip drive to France at the end of next month).

If I replace it with the nearest equivalent Yokohama tyre it's going to cost me about £95, possibly a bit more as I'd have a couple of tyres swapped round at the same time. Alternatively I could do what I've been thinking about and replace the lot with a set of Greenway M/Ts for about £200 + fitting (around £40 I reckon).

Money is a bit tight at the moment because of the trip, but as I'm planning on fitting the M/Ts anyway buying the single tyre might be a bit of a waste.

What would you do?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Just noticed that the front passenger tyre has a crack developing in the side wall, so obviously needs replacing (esp as I am doing a 1500mile round trip drive to France at the end of next month).

If I replace it with the nearest equivalent Yokohama tyre it's going to cost me about £95, possibly a bit more as I'd have a couple of tyres swapped round at the same time. Alternatively I could do what I've been thinking about and replace the lot with a set of Greenway M/Ts for about £200 + fitting (around £40 I reckon).

Money is a bit tight at the moment because of the trip, but as I'm planning on fitting the M/Ts anyway buying the single tyre might be a bit of a waste.

What would you do?
    If others o.k
    just buy the one and have a !!!!!! good trip
    (ONLY IF MONEY VERRY TIGHT THO)
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a full set. Can't easily get hold of a new Yokohama, and if I fit another type then I'll have three different tyres on the car which I don't fancy.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        Looks like I'm going to have to buy a full set. Can't easily get hold of a new Yokohama, and if I fit another type then I'll have three different tyres on the car which I don't fancy.
        All 5 tyres on my Runner are different makes and tread pattern . I am going to consider fitting Colway A/T remoulds if I can not find a set on ebay or here . I have no probs using remoulds on the road as have used them when I was competing in rallying a few years ago . Colway are the ones to go for as have a very good reputation .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          All 5 tyres on my Runner are different makes and tread pattern . I am going to consider fitting Colway A/T remoulds if I can not find a set on ebay or here . I have no probs using remoulds on the road as have used them when I was competing in rallying a few years ago . Colway are the ones to go for as have a very good reputation .

Yep, I got their M/Ts had them for nearly a year now and no probs.
          p.s.and I don't drive like a pensioner either!
          http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/cheap-4x4-tyres.html#mt

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            hi rick i have got those on mine aswell and find they grip the road really well
            better than the winter duellers that were on it
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Don't know if you'd be interested, but RoughTrax sell some new tyres for less than £50. Bought one a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with it. Cost £6 for a local fitting station to fit and balance it. If you're getting something else from there then you ony pay once for the postage - maybe an excuse to get some clear side repeaters or something!!!

Rob
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

I've had an email from Mark at Sowden tyres, and looks like he doesn't have any of the 31.10.50/15 MTs in stock at the moment, may have some in 2 weeks which is going to be cutting it a bit fine.

Gonna give him a call in the morning, and see what he has in that will fit.
                Last edited by Slugsie; 7 July 2005, 23:14.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Yep, I got their M/Ts had them for nearly a year now and no probs.
                  p.s.and I don't drive like a pensioner either!
                  http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/cheap-4x4-tyres.html#mt
                  I bet you do
                  3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Just found somewhere that is selling the Yokohama Geolander AT+II at a very good price. Already got one of these fitted, so going to go for that.

Yokohama Geolander
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

have a good trip....however

Hi
                      having just had my 3.0 go phut big time in germany, can I recomend that you concider joining RAC europeancover it cost me £80 ish for the year I think and was WELL worth it. A series of hire cars, Almiera, passat, touran TDI from neurenburg right home to devon, a motor (alright a ford KA!) for a week untill my surf was repatriated. I hate to think what that lot would have cost!!!!
                      I know when I took it out it was for motors up to 10 yrs old but I understand you can get cover for older for an increased premium
                      Have a good trip & remember a surf with the seats down can hold a hell of a lot of personnal use ..hic
                      tony
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X