Tyre Survey - Do You Agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Survey - Do You Agree?

Found this interesting survey when surfing the web. It is USA based but it makes good reading, and you can make assumptions on which UK products they equate to.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

Good info for anyone looking for a new set of tyres. Particularly like the 'would you buy again question' and 'the totals miles reported' for each product.

Be interesting to see how forum members views match those in this survey.

Looks like Bridgestone A/T's led the way, do you agree?
    Live for Today

I've got BF Goodrich A/T's and will be buying another set when these wear out. Glad to see they came 2nd in the survey - and they scored a lot more miles! Great all round tyre!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian

Looks like Bridgestone A/T's led the way, do you agree?
      Not sure, I've usually been able to buy 2 BFG's for the price of one Bridgestone.

Kumho M/T and BFG A/T's are my choices for tyres.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The survey is pretty good I used their "highway" survey as I do mainly on-road- in fact I ended up copying it into excel then you can sort by each category.

But it is worth actually reading the reviews - . For the tyres I was looking at I found the negative comments in the survey were from volvo owners, the larger suv owners liked them..

I ended up buying a set of michelin Synchrones from costco and have to say they are superb!

Comment

I have to say I like my Bridgestones, would have gone for BFG's but my Dad uses them so now we can hae arguments over who has the best tyres - he doesnt like the fact that my tyres are .5" bigger than his on his Landcruiser... BTW what size can he fit max on standard car any ideas?
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Hi Tim,

What size has your dad got on his cruiser? The one at the boatyard I use has 32" BFG AT's, and don't think they have a problem.

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
              The survey is pretty good I used their "highway" survey as I do mainly on-road- in fact I ended up copying it into excel then you can sort by each category.

But it is worth actually reading the reviews - . For the tyres I was looking at I found the negative comments in the survey were from volvo owners, the larger suv owners liked them..

I ended up buying a set of michelin Synchrones from costco and have to say they are superb!
              Agree with you on the Synchrones. I've had mine on for over a year now and they handle very well. I had Winter Duellers on before that and they were so scary in the wet (especially at mini roundabouts) that I had to get rid.
              Pete

Comment

Originally posted by naphar
                Hi Tim,

What size has your dad got on his cruiser? The one at the boatyard I use has 32" BFG AT's, and don't think they have a problem.

Cheers

Neil
                cant remember but works out to about 30.5" so maybe 275?
                Tim

Comment

I had Revo's on my old Pajero. And am going to the states to get some for my Surf... They are great tires both on adn off road. Its a shame they dont sell them in this country...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    cant remember but works out to about 30.5" so maybe 275?
                    I think standard (well I've seen them on a few) are 275/70 x 16

Also seen a few with 33 x 12.5 x 16 and I think that was without a lift but not quite sure. Seen one with a lift and one I am not sure about.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by usafric
                      I had Revo's on my old Pajero. And am going to the states to get some for my Surf... They are great tires both on adn off road. Its a shame they dont sell them in this country...
                      They do, they're just not called REVOs. I think. Try Dueller A/T 694 - has same tread pattern, just doesn't say REVO. Dunno if the compounds are the same though.
                      Look Here
                      Last edited by Rob; 5 March 2005, 20:00.

Comment

dueller 694's, exactly what i have fitted - really like them!
                        Tim

Comment

Well I'm back from the US, and just put my Revos on... Already noticed a difference going around corners... I also got an 8000lb winch. Now I'm ready for some 4 wheeling...

Comment

I am on my sixth set of BF Goodrich KO all terrains. Tried others but did not like them. Just bought a gen 3 1996 Surf (previous gen 2, Prado, Land rovers owner). Had the dealer change the exsisting tyres before i even picked it up this time. Great as an all round tyre. Ususally do about 20,000 miles befeore selling the veh and never wore out a set yet!

Jimbo
                            Last edited by Jimbo55; 5 March 2005, 09:32.
                            Women Drive Prado's. Men Drive Surf's. Everything else just gets in the way.

Comment

Working...
                            X