Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Tyre Sizes Please

Hi there ,
    i have a lovely set of alloys 16" split rim with 265/70/16 tyres on and have been given the chance of a full set of 275/70/16 tyres on the cheap -------------------------------WILL THEY Fit ?--------------------
    regards 2.4td maroon and lovely

Yeah should be no problem - the 265/275 indicates the width of the tyre in mm so the other tyres are only 10mm wider and should not present a problem on your wheels unless the wheels are too wide or too narrow - but if they already have 265's on and they are o.k. the 275's should be fine.

the /70/ part of the tyre size indicates the profile height as a percentage of the width (i.e. the measurement from the top of the wheel rim to the top edge of the tyre), so
    266/70 = 70% of 265 = 185.5
    275/70 = 70% of 275 = 192.5
    So 7mm difference in profile (14mm difference in diameter) between the two - again should not be a problem.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
      Hi there ,
      i have a lovely set of alloys 16" split rim with 265/70/16 tyres on and have been given the chance of a full set of 275/70/16 tyres on the cheap -------------------------------WILL THEY Fit ?--------------------
      regards 2.4td maroon and lovely
      Whilst Simon is probably correct that they'll fit, to help be cetain a bit more information is required, including the offset of the wheels, and crucially, what vehicle you are fitting them to, neither your profile or post give any clue as to which model Surf you have.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi there,
        my surf is a hilux with spare on the rear, and is a 2.4td 1991 spec ssr-x
        The alloys already on it are split rim with 265/70/16" tyres.
        I have been offered 275/70/16 and the tyres are from a landcruiser and are almost new hope this info makes it a bit more sense.

Comment

Working...
        X