Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHEELS & TYRES SIZES

Hi All,

My current 265/70/15 tyres are in need of replacement and considering changing wheels at same time, can I put 16" or even 17" wheels on my '95 3.0 TD baby. If so, would it have any detrimental effect on steering, handling etc.

Anyone advise of best (best deal that is) place to get them.
    cheers
    Steve

265x75x16 Tyres will chew on your Mudflaps & also catch your bumper endstops 265x70x16 may be a better bet. 17" That will cost you as you will have to run on Low Profile Tyres the EXPENSIVE ones which are no good off road.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Keep your 15" rims and put either conway at's or mt's on them for snow/mud/playing. See here for tyres for 17" rims but be prepaired to pay large amount of the folding greenies for profiles. 17" rims are available in the states so surely somewhere in the UK someone will be able to source them for you

http://www.blackcircles.com

(bling bling)
      Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Ive put 265/70/16 on my 4runner, the handling is way better and so is the ride, plus its gained about a 2 inch lift over the last tyers!! (The last tyres turned out to be van tyres, great for load but garbage on or off road) Found o good reasonably priced supplier in Golborne, PB Tyres, cost around 260 fitted and balanced, white writing in or out!!
        THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch
          Ive put 265/70/16 on my 4runner, the handling is way better and so is the ride, plus its gained about a 2 inch lift over the last tyers!! (The last tyres turned out to be van tyres, great for load but garbage on or off road) Found o good reasonably priced supplier in Golborne, PB Tyres, cost around 260 fitted and balanced, white writing in or out!!
          All Terrains i hope LOL
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

All Terrains Mud and Snow there is more road noise but hopefully more fun next time i get to Barton

Comment

Youve done well mate. You can now play in the MUD without getting stuck.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

both me and Donna looking forward to it in the near future, might even lift the caravan plate up on the tow bar or is that goin a bit far lol

Comment

My tow-bar catches, well it used to before my Saggy rear was lifted with 20% stronger springs
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Did the springs a while ago, it even looks a lot better with proper tyres on it! they fill more of the wheel arch sorted! (bet i can still get stuck though lol)

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch
                      Did the springs a while ago, it even looks a lot better with proper tyres on it! they fill more of the wheel arch sorted! (bet i can still get stuck though lol)
                      Its all part of the FUN
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Steering Alignment for 215s tires

Hi all!
                        I have a 3.0TD manual 1994, with 215/70R15 tires and I'm looking for the alignment for these tires.
                        Only I saw here was for 265s...
                        Can you help me?
                        Thanks!
                        Jose Carlos (Charles)
                        "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Comment

Originally posted by TugaRunner
                          Hi all!
                          I have a 3.0TD manual 1994, with 215/70R15 tires and I'm looking for the alignment for these tires.
                          Only I saw here was for 265s...
                          Can you help me?
                          Thanks!
                          I don't think it really matters, should be the same for all tyre sizes.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just brought a set of 5 235 x 85 x 16 colway c-trax mt for my shogie the set of five cost around £230 delivered, bunged my local garage £20 to fit em, bobs your aunty!

Put a 2" lift on the car for free! and they is BIG tyres.

Problem is, I want bigger on my smurf now, but I still need to get in and out of it without a step ladder.

How big shall I go???

Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Forgot to say, have a look here for cheep lumpy tyres

http://www.tyresdirect.uk.com/contact.htm
                              Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                              X