Cycle Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Carrier

After much research and having checked previous posts on the forum, I have bought and fitted a bike carrier to my Surf. This is a KZN185 with the rear spoiler and rear mounted spare wheel.

I got the four bike carrier from MaxxRaxx. This has been a doddle to fit and works well. The only slight hitch is with the auxilliary straps that fit from the top of the door to the carrier which are intended to prevent too much impact loading when the car goes over bumps. This doesn't fit too well, because the rear spoiler is in the way, but so far it's worked ok.

The carrier fits on the tow bar and can be lowered without taking it off, so that you can open the rear door. Handy for getting the dogs in and out when carrying bikes.

Maxx Raxx were very helpful and the instructions were straightforward to follow. So far I have only put two bikes on, but we intend trying all four soon. I'll report back when we've done it.

If anyones interested, I can take photos and post on line.

Pic please
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Hopefully I hae attached two pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roytheboy View Post
        After much research and having checked previous posts on the forum, I have bought and fitted a bike carrier to my Surf. This is a KZN185 with the rear spoiler and rear mounted spare wheel.

I got the four bike carrier from MaxxRaxx. This has been a doddle to fit and works well. The only slight hitch is with the auxilliary straps that fit from the top of the door to the carrier which are intended to prevent too much impact loading when the car goes over bumps. This doesn't fit too well, because the rear spoiler is in the way, but so far it's worked ok.

The carrier fits on the tow bar and can be lowered without taking it off, so that you can open the rear door. Handy for getting the dogs in and out when carrying bikes.

Maxx Raxx were very helpful and the instructions were straightforward to follow. So far I have only put two bikes on, but we intend trying all four soon. I'll report back when we've done it.

If anyones interested, I can take photos and post on line.
        If you want to lose the spoiler let me know!!!
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X