radio expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio expander

does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a radio expander???

It's very easy,plug aerial into expander the other end into radio, and then run a live feed from radio or cigar lighter to single wire on expander.

Lots of people say that they are no good, but have had good results with mine, some are better than others.

Comment

Originally posted by carpet doctor
      does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a radio expander???
      easy... plugs in between the aerial and stereo, in line on the aerial cable... then 1 wire to the power supply...
      i wouldn't bother though, they're crap
      just go get a UK spec radio.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        It's very easy,plug aerial into expander the other end into radio, and then run a live feed from radio or cigar lighter to single wire on expander.

Lots of people say that they are no good, but have had good results with mine, some are better than others.
        Depends on the radio more than the expander, Jap radios normally only tune to odd number decimals on the frequency, UK ones to even number frequencies. However some jap radios tune to all decimals and you will then get a good signal. The problem comes with the ones that only tune to odd decimals, means you are trying to pick up Capital (not when Johnny Vaughns on though) on 95.7 or 95.9.

Cheers

Comment

The 1st expander that I bought was ok but not brilliant, got it from Gascar who said it was the best one going, then I needed one for one of my other imports, so got it from a friend who imports Mits in Eastbourne, this one was much better and it picks up the local stations,they all vary in how many Mhz that the raise the band.

Comment

Radio and CD problems

I'm a newbie whose just got a 93 hilux Surf 3.0 ssrx-ltd

The radio only goes up to 90 fm and no further which is frustrating

the Cd just ejects all the CD's

any advise- i guess from this thread that the ariel needs some kind of boost

Cheers

Paul J

Comment

Originally posted by Paul J
              I'm a newbie whose just got a 93 hilux Surf 3.0 ssrx-ltd

The radio only goes up to 90 fm and no further which is frustrating

the Cd just ejects all the CD's

any advise- i guess from this thread that the ariel needs some kind of boost

Cheers

Paul J

Advice yes, dump it all and fit a UK spec unit. Band expanders are alright if you live on top of the transmitter, I fitted one on first off and managed to get three more stations apart from radio 2. The signal on these local stations was c**p, Uk spec unit fitted perfect the aerial is great and signal strength is fine.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Working...
              X