Visual Performance Indiglo Dials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Performance Indiglo Dials

I just got a set of these for my second gen surf. They seem to be slightly different from what I have just now. The increments don't match what I have and there is no speedo needle stop.

I've e-mailed Visual-Performance about this, but wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who's already fitted them.

Other option is to get the ones from the states, but I'm pi55ed off running around with my dash dismantled and don't really want to wait too long.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by andy62
    I just got a set of these for my second gen surf. They seem to be slightly different from what I have just now. The increments don't match what I have and there is no speedo needle stop.

I've e-mailed Visual-Performance about this, but wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who's already fitted them.

Other option is to get the ones from the states, but I'm pi55ed off running around with my dash dismantled and don't really want to wait too long.

Maybe they've sent you a petrol engine version.

Oh and you need to use your existing pin.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Maybe they've sent you a petrol engine version.

Oh and you need to use your existing pin.
      Does the pin just glue on then?

Comment

Does the pin just glue on then?

No, there's a securing washer on the back of the dial face that just prises off, (fingers nails will do) and you'll just need to pierce a hole to fit it to the new dial face.

Comment

Taking care not to go through the plasma bit I assume? Still not heard back from them.

Comment

Taking care not to go through the plasma bit I assume? Still not heard back from them.
            It doesn't affect the illuminated part, so you'll be OK.

Comment

I got the same dials! when they are finally in an working you'll be glad you went to the hassle of fitting them.

I just held the needle on at 0mph and super glued the pin in place - Its held so far! (a couple of months)

didnt look to see if the speedo part was different to existing.

One thing i have noticed is that its almost impossible to see the milage, The window in the dial is a couple of mm low.

Dont hold your breath about Visual performance getting back to you mate, I made several phone calls - all unanswered an a couple of emails that were never replied too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                No, there's a securing washer on the back of the dial face that just prises off, (fingers nails will do) and you'll just need to pierce a hole to fit it to the new dial face.

would the old dial face fit on top of the new face if so you could use a small drill like a model drill to get hole for the stop pin in correct place?

Comment

Working...
                X