Tow Bar for Imprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Bar for Imprt

Please can anyone help I am being confused totally, Witter guys say no witter bar will fit the surf import so do Towcraft and other towbar fitters but say I can get one from Watling engineering , This tow bar is £260 where the TY87a I can get for £135 who do I believe ???????? They say the 87a will not fit an Import. HELP ME PLEASE
    All work and no play

Originally posted by Merlin
    Please can anyone help I am being confused totally, Witter guys say no witter bar will fit the surf import so do Towcraft and other towbar fitters but say I can get one from Watling engineering , This tow bar is £260 where the TY87a I can get for £135 who do I believe ???????? They say the 87a will not fit an Import. HELP ME PLEASE

Give us a clue, what model Surf are you refering to?, neither your mail or your profile tell us.......
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanx for replying so fast, new at this so a little slow at moment.
      Its a Hilux surf 2.5 91/92 jap import
      All work and no play

Comment

Lee

Contact these people they are doing a special price at the moment.

Andrew Rowson
        Towequipe
        Suppliers of New Discount complete kit towbars
        0800 2983033

or you could contact Hormygollop a member on this forum,he supplies towbars at a very good price.
        Last edited by andy; 23 February 2004, 10:43.

Comment

You need a different towbar supplier. I've got a Witter bar fitted to my '90 and I think it only needed a small modification (have to admit I didn't fit it myself). Like the man says try Hormygollop.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Watling towbar

I've got the Watling one. Don't know how much it cost at the dealer supplied and fitted it as 'free of charge' extra. Guess it can't have been to expensive.

Pricelist for Watling is here ...

http://www.tow-bars.co.uk/towbars%202000%20list.pdf

Richard
            I didn't do it !

Comment

Whilst I've never personally fitted a tow-bar to a second generation Surf such as yours, many here have. AFAIK nobody had any difficulty fitting a standard UK 4Runner one.
              Don't be disuaded by the fact that its an import, for most pratical purposes (including Chassis and therefore towbar fittings) the 2nd gen Surfs (such as yours) are identical to the 4Runner as sold in the UK.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi
                The witter TY87A will fit your second gen, I supply those for forum members at £98 delivered to your door.. You can get cheaper from ebay but they are not type approved or made to witter standards.
                Cheers
                Keith
                I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Hi merlin or others

try trailertek at micheldever station nr winchester,karl will give you a fair deal .no 01962 774988 had one fitted to my 3.0 ssr-x does the job towed tractor to my place in france on the back.

scotty
                  Last edited by scooby69; 11 March 2004, 23:05.

Comment

Get me a TY87A please!

Originally posted by hormygollop
                    Hi
                    The witter TY87A will fit your second gen, I supply those for forum members at £98 delivered to your door.. You can get cheaper from ebay but they are not type approved or made to witter standards.
                    Cheers
                    Keith
                    Hi Keith,
                    I have a Surf 3.0 TD SSR-G (1996) be grateful if you could supply me a towbar kit. How do I pay you etc?

Comment

Originally posted by paul baxter
                      Hi Keith,
                      I have a Surf 3.0 TD SSR-G (1996) be grateful if you could supply me a towbar kit. How do I pay you etc?
                      No probs, mail me on keith@keithpalmer.com
                      cheers
                      Keith
                      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Working...
                      X