Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo area cover

Hi all,
    New to the site and I must say what a fantastic site it is.

Was wondering if any of you wonderful people could tell me where I can get hold of the cargo area blind for the back of the surf.

I have to leave all my response medical kit in the truck and would reather it all be covered up

Thanks

Kes

Originally posted by Kes
    Hi all,
    New to the site and I must say what a fantastic site it is.

Was wondering if any of you wonderful people could tell me where I can get hold of the cargo area blind for the back of the surf.

I have to leave all my response medical kit in the truck and would reather it all be covered up

Thanks

Kes
    There's a couple of Surfs being broken here, failing that try the old favourite - Ebay, but whatever you do make sure you get the blind from the right gen, 3rd gen has different fittings as far as I am aware.

Does your surf have the brackets fitted ?

Here's 1 on Ebay

and another

Trev
    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 23 April 2005, 08:22. Reason: added Ebay links
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Top man..........

Thanks for the heads up about the Gen difference, my surf already has the brackets fitted so i'm in luck.

Comment

hi new to the site and my surf could you tell me if its a pain in the ass or even not possible to fit a boot cover if i have no pre drilled holes or any indication of where to fit one cheers simon.

Comment

Hi,

Some clues as to which Surf would be useful !!!

The year would help bigtime.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            Hi,

Some clues as to which Surf would be useful !!!

The year would help bigtime.

Trev
            hi sorry should have thought its a 1994 ssr-x 2nd gen, i heard that there was a link to a diagramed install sheet, and once its in can it be easily taken in and out like other parcel shelfs cheers simon

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              There's a couple of Surfs being broken here, failing that try the old favourite - Ebay, but whatever you do make sure you get the blind from the right gen, 3rd gen has different fittings as far as I am aware.

Does your surf have the brackets fitted ?

Here's 1 on Ebay

and another

Trev
              I've been trying to find a load cover for my 1998 3rd gen for months now without luck. Anybody know where I can source something similar to those shown in 2 ebay ads?

Warwick
              Live for Today

Comment

Originally posted by sisurf
                hi sorry should have thought its a 1994 ssr-x 2nd gen, i heard that there was a link to a diagramed install sheet, and once its in can it be easily taken in and out like other parcel shelfs cheers simon

If its anything like the 3rd Gen (and I believe it is), fitting is a doddle.
                I removed my side panels expecting to have to do lots of measuring etc, but found that the required cut-outs for the brackets were marked on the rear in dotted lines.
                Don't forget you'll need the 4 mounting brackets also, on the 3rd Gen this consists of 2 plastic mounts for the front which screw straight to the side of the truck, thru the cutout in the sidewall panel and 2 rear mounts which attach directly to the sidewall panel, secured by a metal plate which attach's to the rear of the cut-out. I think the 2nd Gen is similar.

**edit** yep, just checked the EPC and they both seem to mount exactly the same.

Once fitted it can easily be removed when required

Originally posted by Cumbrian
                I've been trying to find a load cover for my 1998 3rd gen for months now without luck. Anybody know where I can source something similar to those shown in 2 ebay ads?
                I got mine from the US thru ebay, also got the mounting brackets separately the same way, there's always a few on there. Be aware that on the US 3rd Gens there are 2 different rollers available, most commonly one which uses a square front mount, and occasional one with a round mount, make sure you get the correct match.
                Last edited by Morr; 25 April 2005, 00:33.
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                X