undersealing??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undersealing??????????

can n e 1 tell me where i can get a proper undersealing jone done?
    I live in Lincoln and every garage i ask says "its a dead art now mate" or some other non helpful punchline! Can n e 1 assit me and my search for a rust free undercarriage?

sheppieboy@hotmail.com

Originally posted by sheppieboy
    can n e 1 tell me where i can get a proper undersealing jone done?
    I live in Lincoln and every garage i ask says "its a dead art now mate" or some other non helpful punchline! Can n e 1 assit me and my search for a rust free undercarriage?

sheppieboy@hotmail.com
    You can buy plenty of aerosol propelled underseal sprays as well as the normal brush-on types.
    I did mine myself - first underseal then bought a Waxoyl kit and waxoyled it after the underseal was dry.
    If you buy the more expensive type of underseal it already contains waxoyl so the seperate coat of waxoyl may not be necessary.
    If you do waxoyl it it goes on much easier if you thin it with white spirit first.
    Because the Surf has decent ground clearence it is actually possible to do most of it without ramps or a pit. I did use axel stands and a jack for the wheel arches but most of the rest just I got underneath.
    It is a messy job but not to difficult to do.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

m8 i would just recommend waxoyl get down to ur local bodyshop suppliers if u have a wee 25ltr compressor buy the kit do it urself get wurth waxoyl is the best on the market u will need 31/2 bottles for underneath an engine bay then for inside door panels leave for 2-3days before road use worst about underseal it doesn't do a very good job as water can get trapped in it not great bonus with waxoyl is u can do everything brake pipes an all so u don't have to worrie about them rotting

Comment

I just took mine down to my local friendly 4x4 centre. They relieved me of £175 and I picked it up the next day stinking of waxoil. They said it was a fairly common thing for them to be asked to do.
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I asked my local chop shop, sorry, garrage to have a look under mine, the biggest thing is getting it clean before you start, saves waxing onto the dirt stuck to the car.
          He steamed the car off and then applied 3 coats of 'lovely black goo'.
          Think that was what it is called, apart from the smell, twas a lovely job, and cost me the princly sum of One hundred pouns sterling.
          The way I looked at it is this, if I had done it, I would have got more on my head than on the car!
          Money spent, job done.
          He is in staffs if you are passing....
          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
          X