2nd Gen Hilux Surf SSR-X Intercooled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Hilux Surf SSR-X Intercooled

1992 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X with the 2.4 engine. Selling as I've bought myself another car and sadly I need the space, so it has to go. I'm looking for £1,500 for it.

Its had a lot of work done to it over the last year including having a front mounted intercooler fitted. Other than that and a small oil cooler it's completely original. The engine, gearbox and fuel pump have also been completely rebuilt, and haven't done much mileage since. The mileage is 208,200 Kilometers (130,125 Miles).

A brief list of the other works done:
    The wheels have been refurbished and 4 new Michelin tyres put on 4,000 miles ago with a lot of tread left.
    New discs and pads on the front and the drums checked on the back. Still plenty of use in them.
    Blanked off the EGR and removed the air con. Engine now runs smoother and is better on fuel.
    New entire stainless steel exhaust system fitted.
    2 New batteries.
    The auxiliary belts and timing belt were swapped 7,000 miles ago.
    Replaced both front wheel bearings and joint gaiters, as it was a previous mot advisory.
    Replaced both the front and rear bumpers. Gave the new rear bumper a re-spray.
    Replaced both universal joints on the rear propshaft.
    Replaced all 4 shock absorbers.
    Fitted a small gearbox oil cooler under the radiator to bypass the original one in the radiator.
    Refaced the speedo with a MPH one, as the original was in KPH.

The other bits:
    The bodywork has all the usual marks and scuffs of a car of this age and the lacquer has peeled off in places on the bonnet and roof, which is common on all surfs.
    The rear window is jerky when going back up, we think the motor has lost a tooth. It's fine going down.
    The ignition barrel is worn, and sometimes it's stiff when turning the key.

Last edited by Spencer75; 5 July 2015, 14:58.

This is now sold.

Comment

Working...
    X