This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf IV

Unfortunately, I have to sell my Lexurf. It has a 4.0L Lexus V8 and a 1.5 inch body lift fitted, the V5 shows the correct engine, so it’s easy to tax, insure, MOT and keep Mr Plod happy.

I bought it 18 months ago as a non-runner, since then I’ve got it running (fitted new plugs, caps, arms, coils and leads) almost perfectly and it sailed through last year’s MOT.

The odometer is reading 132,613km which is about 82,400 miles.

There’s something not right with the wiring as the IAC (Idle Air Controller) doesn’t work properly. I have already fixed a lot of the wiring, but lost heart with it when I bought a project bike.

The truck needs the exhaust fixed and the manifolds changed, I will supply the manifolds with the truck and tell whoever buys it what needs to be done.

The tyres are all good and I’ll chuck in a load of interior trim bits with the truck

If you need any more info, give me a shout.

Truck is currently SORNd and lying in Grangemouth.

I’m looking for £2,000 for it – no stupid offers accepted!

Link to the build thread: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64247

Link to the picture thread: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70756
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

if this is still available when ireturn the th UK

if this is by some chance available when i next return to the UK in 6 months or so, I would be VERY interested (am tempted now to even ask you to hold it on a deposit...).

Would LOVE a Lexurf out here where i can actually afford to run one, and I'm not clever enough to build my own. how does the IAC issue effect drive-ability and reliability? is it just a random idle or worse?

any ore pics of the bnody, and has the tinrot hit anywhere or showing bubbles (sills, underbody or door etc?)
    RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

It'll be gone in 6 months, sorry.

There is a bit of rust on the front bumper, there is no rear bumper. The rest of the truck is pretty good.

The IAC only causes an issue when it's cold, once warmed up, it's fine.

Comment

i don't think it gets below 30C at any time of year here I've started the car and the fan has come straight on before now...

Comment

Back on the market, due to yet another metaphorical kick in the nuts...

Comment

Think you have the world's worst timing fella. Am back in UK till the weekend, and trying to organise getting my old man's old Rangey P38 DSE out here now... A month earlier and I would have jumped on this. Thinking of logistics and possibilities now...

Comment

Just registering my interest!
              I need to think about logistics of getting it and possibly getting hold of vince to sort out the idiling problem.
              have you got some up to date pics and list of whats wrong etc?

robmatthews81@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                Just registering my interest!
                I need to think about logistics of getting it and possibly getting hold of vince to sort out the idiling problem.
                have you got some up to date pics and list of whats wrong etc?

robmatthews81@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou
                Buy it, get it shipped to me then you can come snd collect it a couple of days after.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Buy it, get it shipped to me then you can come snd collect it a couple of days after.
                  That would be ideal.
                  Have you got a contact number please? (I'll ring you tomorrow when im at work)

Comment

Anyone got contact details for the op!?

Comment

Anyone got contact details for the op!?
                      I've sent him a message and he while be popping in as soon as work allows

Comment

Thanks for the Heads Up, Andy

Rob, drop me an e-mail at surf.parts@gmail.com and I'll send you my number. I'm down in Eastbourne just now, will be back home on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                          I've sent him a message and he while be popping in as soon as work allows
                          Thankyou Andy

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Thanks for the Heads Up, Andy

Rob, drop me an e-mail at surf.parts@gmail.com and I'll send you my number. I'm down in Eastbourne just now, will be back home on Sunday.
                          Will do tomorrow thanks

Comment

Sold?

Comment

Will do tomorrow thanks
                              Rob, sorry, I spent most of yesterday both away from my phone and being told I couldn't go where I wanted to because of some wee puddles.

I'll call you later today (Saturday)

Comment

Working...
                              X