Surf for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf for Sale

1993 K plate. Toyota Surf 2.4 TD Efi Auto SSRX Wide Body - Possible head failure

I will sell this Surf for £2500 as is.

Personally Imported by me in November 2003 and sailed through the MOT.

Specification:

Bull Bars.
    PIAA Spot and Fog lamps. The spots are dip/main items operated via a wired remote control unit on the dash.
    Vented bonnet.
    Sunroof wind deflector.
    Spare wheel carrier.
    Reversing and rear fog lights.
    Tow hitch (no electrics).
    Big bore exhaust system with chrome tailpipe (it might be stainless).
    Free wheeling front hubs.
    Gold Spoke alloys with polished rims.
    Terzo roof rack - sliding ladder type
    New A/T front tyres
    M/T rear tyres
    M/T spare tyre
    Boost gauge
    Turbo timer
    Turbo programmer
    New JVC flip front CD/Tuner
    Twin Bosch heavy duty batteries
    Raised suspension and body work - Roof Line is 6'3"
    Uprated suspension all round including anti roll bars etc (This Surf handles extremely well).
    All of the electrics work, including the air con.

Within the last few weeks this Surf has had:

New fuel filter
    New air filter
    New oil filter
    New thermostat
    New radiator cap

This week it has had:

New water pump
    New cam belt
    New all other drive belts

Prior to having the water pump fitted it was running fine and in daily use. I had driven through France in January without any problems at all. On the first drive after fitting the water pump it appears that the head has blown, or at the very least the gasket has blown. It is now back at the garage that did the work for diagnosis.

A new head kit is available complete from Gerry Mann on 0783 6288198 for £600 including all gaskets and stretch bolts.

Other points to note:

The previous Japanese owner had screwed something into the dash, this has left a few small screw holes on the passenger side.
    The interior is tidy but needs a clean.
    The bodywork is all good but needs a clean.
    The bonnet has been modified in Japan for the air scoop.

Email me on
    Rob@HitEnter.Co.Uk for more info and pics. The only difference is that I have removed the side window deflectors, the checker plate on the bullbars and, those huge mudflap extensions. The side steps are now fitted.

Cheers

Rob G

Last edited by wibblywobbly; 21 March 2004, 21:43.

ROB if i could i would mate, sorry about the surf mate hopefully someone will jump at it. fingers crossed. good luck
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
      Apologies for posting here, but I have honestly spent the last hour trying to post in the For Sale forum. It just keeps booting me out and telling me to log in. I had to retype this little lot!!

1993 K plate. Toyota Surf 2.4 TD Efi Auto SSRX Wide Body - Possible head failure

I will sell this Surf for £3000 as is, if a quick sale is available.

Personally Imported by me in November 2003 and sailed through the MOT.

Specification:

Bull Bars.
      PIAA Spot and Fog lamps. The spots are dip/main items operated via a wired remote control unit on the dash.
      Vented bonnet.
      Sunroof wind deflector.
      Spare wheel carrier.
      Reversing and rear fog lights.
      Tow hitch (no electrics).
      Big bore exhaust system with chrome tailpipe (it might be stainless).
      Free wheeling front hubs.
      Gold Spoke alloys with polished rims.
      Terzo roof rack - sliding ladder type
      New A/T front tyres
      M/T rear tyres
      M/T spare tyre
      Boost gauge
      Turbo timer
      Turbo programmer
      New JVC flip front CD/Tuner
      Twin Bosch heavy duty batteries
      Raised suspension and body work - Roof Line is 6'3"
      Uprated suspension all round including anti roll bars etc (This Surf handles extremely well).
      All of the electrics work, including the air con.

Within the last few weeks this Surf has had:

New fuel filter
      New air filter
      New oil filter
      New thermostat
      New radiator cap

This week it has had:

New water pump
      New cam belt
      New all other drive belts

Prior to having the water pump fitted it was running fine and in daily use. I had driven through France in January without any problems at all. On the first drive after fitting the water pump it appears that the head has blown, or at the very least the gasket has blown. It is now back at the garage that did the work for diagnosis.

A new head kit is available complete from Gerry Mann on 0783 6288198 for £600 including all gaskets and stretch bolts.

Other points to note:

The previous Japanese owner had screwed something into the dash, this has left a few small screw holes on the passenger side.
      The interior is tidy but needs a clean.
      The bodywork is all good but needs a clean.
      The bonnet has been modified in Japan for the air scoop.

Email me on
      Rob@HitEnter.Co.Uk for more info and pics.

Cheers

Rob G

Rob, bit drastic did you speak to the garage
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

It's not just the head

Originally posted by gemini
        Rob, bit drastic did you speak to the garage
        The head isn't the whole story. I could get that repaired without too much of a problem, especially if I negotiate to pay for the parts and they pay the labour. They have got the truck back and will look at it next week. It was running fine before they got their hands on it, never overheated once.

Without going into details, the very same night that I got the Surf home I had an email from one of my daughters, who graduates from Norwich Uni this spring. She has just been diagnosed with something rather serious and life threatening, and they need to operate. This means that I need something more suited to driving back and forth in. ( I also have another daughter in Loughborough, just to make things more complex than they were already).

I would have had to sell it anyway, the garage just screwed up at just the wrong time!

It will be tragic to see the Surf go, I love it, but events have conspired against me.

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Rob, hope you sell the Surf, but more so, hope all goes well with your daughter,

Good Luck, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Rob,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope that works out ok. It's sad to see the surf go, but at the end of the day it's only a car and can be replaced. Your daughter is much more important!

Good Luck Mate!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Price

Hi sorry to hear the news but there are 2 prices advertised which is it.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                Hi sorry to hear the news but there are 2 prices advertised which is it.
                Bob, i think he must have edited the post and dropped it to £2500, the £3000 is in my reply, and i didnt alter it
                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hi again

First of all, thanks for the messages of concern regarding my daughter, they are much appreciated. At the age of 22 she has discovered that she has had a narrowed aorta since birth, and they now need to operate. If she is lucky they will use a balloon to stretch it open, and if that doesn't work then it's open heart surgery. She leaves Uni this spring and has been told she can't travel, exercise or anything else, and what was she studying? Languages, so that she could work anywhere in the world. Life can be rather cruel, my problems pale into insignificance by comparison.

Secondly, the Surf sold very quickly, and to be honest the buyer has got a bargain. It is a sad time for me having to part with it, but the garage never even offered anything that looked like an apology for what they had apparently done, and there is nothing that I can do about it.

I have four friends, all of whom are RAC patrol guys (and all of whom knew that the Surf was fine before - one even owned one). As soon as I mentioned what had happened they all replied 'airlock', and confirmed that I would have one hell of a job proving it. This was the most expensive water pump in living history?

I can honestly say that this has to be the best forum on the web, the friendliest, the most useful and the most entertaining. I pay homage to the guys that set it up.

So long and remember, if you are going to be dirty, then be dirty in a Surf!

Rob

Comment

ROB thanks for keeping us updated mate & we all wish your daughter a very speedy recovery. Just because you dont own a surf anymore doesnt mean you dont have to visit once in a while. all the best mate.
                    MARKY
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X