Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 3.0 SSRX with 2" lift and rebuilt engine

1994 3.0 Toyota Hilux Surf SSRX with complete engine rebuild

I have to sell my truck as we have now bought an estate car. Looking for a quick sale as it's making things awkward on the drive.

It's a dark blue wide arch version
    - MOT until: March 2008
    - I have just re-taxed it for 6 months.
    - This truck has a sunroof (electric) as well as aircon which is a real bonus.
    - 2" lift on brand new Procomp ES9000 shocks and springs.
    - 32" AT tyres with loads of tread on them on 16" rims.
    - White dials with MPH conversion.
    - HKS Turbo Timer
    - Wind deflectors
    - Rear spoiler with high level brake light.
    - Underslung spare version
    - It has a tow bar fitted
    - I will throw in the Thule roof bars
    - I was the first person to own the truck in the UK and I had it waxoiled as soon as I got it.
    - Personalised plate
    - Very nice audio system - full details further down.
    - I recently put two brand new uprated headlight bulbs in at a cost of £30.
    - I have wired in a 4 socket cigarette lighter so you can plug in all the toys
    - Nardi steering wheel
    - A-Frame
    - 2 New Batteries

The engine in this truck has been completely rebuilt at a cost of around 2K including the following:
    - Genuine Toyota rebuild kit (pistons etc)
    - New head
    - Crank reground
    - New larger injectors installed
    - Replacement turbo fitted from a 33K (I have no way of proving this mileage though) mile motor.
    - Full Powerflow stainless exhaust system (downpipe back) which exits just behind rear wheel (cost over £300). I had this done to last, not give a sporty note but it still sounds nice but is not loud.

Mileage shows as roughly 172K kilometres which is around 106K miles, but like I say, the engine was rebuilt.

The above has made the truck much smoother then it was before and it is also noticeably quicker, yet I have noticed no difference in the fuel consumption.

Additional work recently done:
    - Power steering pump was just rebuilt with new seals a couple of weeks ago and I had a brand new steering stabilizer fitted.

I have loads of receipts for work done.

Audio
    This truck has a very nice (expensive), very powerful, yet subtly installed sound system, installed carefully so as not to be in the way of loading or to draw attention to it if someone looks into the truck. This consists of:

- Kenwood head unit with remote control and fold down detachable face panel
    - Huge(!) Ultimate Amplifier running all speakers
    - In the front are Boston Accoustic component sets in custom door pods.
    - In the rear are Ultimate component sets in custom mountings in the original rear speaker positions, so hidden away behind the trim. I have also installed flush fit mountings on each side to be able to plug in a sub or subs. So you can easily connect and disconnect your sub(s) from either side should you need to.
    - I have also dynomated the panels around the speakers which prevents any vibration.
    - Uprated cabling

The mounting of the amplifier to the back seat is done in such a way that it does not hinder the raising and lowering of the seat, so it will still fold flat for those long loads.

Imperfections
    As no car is ever perfect, these are the imperfections I am aware of with this truck:
    - The paintwork in a couple of areas is not perfect. It does not have any dents but it does have some minor scratches. My point is that I cannot claim it to be perfect but it still polishes up really well in general.
    - The A-Frame chrome is cracked in a couple of places.
    - A couple of the dashboard light bulbs don't work (minor job to replace, I just never got round to it) - all dials, warning lights and lights in the speedo face work.
    - The chrome on the alloys could do with a refurb, but they still look good
    - Needs an oil top up every now and again since the rebuild but I understand this is normal. To be clear, it does not smoke and there are no drips. I'm mentioning this because I want to be completely honest about everything on this car.
    - The towbar electric point is cracked but still works fine
    - Electric aerial doesn't retract the last couple of inches

Can't quite believe I'm selling it for less then the price of the engine rebuild and audio but needs must! Priced at £3250.

Photos can be found on my listing on ebay here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=013

Happy to answer any questions or to arrange a viewing. Truck is near Lewes in East Sussex.
    Last edited by Snoop; 6 January 2008, 21:59. Reason: Truck is sold - subject to collection(!)
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

sorry to see u sellin her mate

Comment

Be a shame to see the SDV go Doug !!
      Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
      X