Winch and Real Winch A bar + fairhead rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch and Real Winch A bar + fairhead rollers

This is the biz and a very very serious bit of kit for a Surf or hilux pickup.

Its a superwinch winch on a real toyota original eqipnent winch A bar which is built like a very strong out house. Its bolts to the chassis at the bottom and directly though the grill again to the chassis for a direct pull (no mods as its toyota so designed to fit) It has the fairhead built on too. It has a place for the number plate well out of the way - toyota are just great as they think of everything (a square import size front plate). I stress this is not at all related to the standard A bar. This will not bend even in a head on. Most of its is made from very thick steel plate and is to all intense an extension of he chassis.

The winch is the 6000 lb superwinch model - not some crap unknown brand and will drag my car on level tarmac in park (4wheel drive in park!). Needless to say its has dragged me out of some really tough places and more than a few of my mates (one who drives a disco in particular)

Its ready to fit to any surf or (Hilux for that matter) in about an hour and has all the bits (solinoids) to go with it. Where as if you bought a winch for a lot of cash you'd need a lot more to get a mount for it.

Its a bargin, I think at 450 quid for everything to get a winch on a car and working rather quickly and easily with no mods what so ever.

call me if interested.

Will 07816 278405 (near cambridge)

Its looks a bit matt as it got waxoiled at the same time as my chassis by the chap who did the car for me. Thats why the rollers are now black! Its will come off but I thought it was nuch such a bad thing so left it.

Drop me a line on willwestlake@hotmail.com

Last edited by westy; 18 August 2004, 17:06.

If you sell it, do me a favor and snap some pics of the mounting brakets, pretty please.

Or make it cheaper and I'll buy it. (already have 2 winches, one winch bumper and a pile of metal for other bumpers so trying to avoid that......)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You'd be a brave man trying to replicate it as it is really well made and a superb fit. The bolts just fit every where - nop slop, no big holes here to make up for dodgy welding and bad fitting here which is impotant as I guess you want to make sure the load is even every where. I do lots of fabrication and would not like to get in to making this at all unless I had some templates to go with a substantial plasma cutter. Most of the plates, approx 6mm, thick have longditudinal bends to to increase lateral stiffness.

These seemingly were used in the malaysian challenge (not this actual one) so I guess Toyota sort of made sure they were not going to break. A freind of mine got it for me when he was shipping his furniture home from KL.

Oh BTW, the 'tube A bar bit' although very substantial is not the real structural strength. The mounting to the chassis at the bottom is quite different to the chrome A bars. Here again its big and rather serious plates. You notice too that it is designed to increase the length of the bash plate to allow you to scrape over stuff or deflect things out of the way, which is clever.
      Last edited by westy; 18 August 2004, 22:48.

Comment

Really! And it still manages to look sh1t.
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

What happened to your motor Delboy, just seen the little image of it in your message; drive into the cheap crap add on display in halfords covered in glue?

Sorry the winch and mount are not chrome and made of plastic or cost less than than a pound and actually serves some useful purpose. You could no doubt get a couple more lights on it though, or put a neon tube along the top should you wish.
          Last edited by westy; 20 August 2004, 13:11.

Comment

ooh! Saucer of milk, bitch! Just kidding, hence the smiley face! If you can't take a joke you shouldn't be on here!

P.S. You dont have any fluffy dice for sale, do you? Can't find any anywhere!
            Last edited by Delboy; 20 August 2004, 15:46.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              ooh! Saucer of milk, bitch! Just kidding, hence the smiley face! If you can't take a joke you shouldn't be on here!

P.S. You dont have any fluffy dice for sale, do you? Can't find any anywhere!
              i've got some fluffy dice but there is a dot missing off the number 4, so 2 sides now add up to 6, not 7... if you're interested?... they have string to hang on the mirror and a sucker for windscreen mounting...
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sounds good
                S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Working...
                X