Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen custom sound system + other parts

Hi all

Had a beloved 2nd gen which gave up the ghost a year ago, it's scrapped but I kept a few parts hoping to use them on my next Surf. I've gone and got a 3rd gen tho so can't really use them! The stereo setup was a bit of a project but honestly sounded beautiful, even with a bootload of kit. Would be happy to talk buyer through an install.

Subwoofer, Amplifier, Speaker separates - £200 ono for the lot
    Reconned alternator, Aircon compressor, Starter motor - £40 ono each
    Rear window motor (replacement, working well) - £ 40 ono
    Front window dust guards - £ 10
    Indicator stalk - £10

1) Pioneer low volume/low profile subwoofer, 8in or 10in I think, built a custom box for it that *just* fits in a 2nd gen rear nearside bulkhead - you have to take the kit compartment out and cut a hole for it in the plastic cladding, but it sits beautifully, flush with the surface. Annoyingly I can't find a pic of the finished install. And before anyone asks, the 3rd gen bulkheads are totally different (much smaller) or I'd be keeping this.

2) JBL GTO1004 4 channel 600 watt amplifier, this fit nicely in the same bulkhead as the sub, just over the wheel arch, wedged with a scrap of MDF. If you're worried about it overheating there, it only ever cut out once on me, in about 40 degree heat in Morocco.

3) JBL GTO6507C two-way component speakers (2x woofers, tweeters, and crossovers). I made custom mounts for the woofers down in the kick panels by each footwell (easier than making new door cards). I never bothered to finish these, one needs sanding and they both need painting, but they hold the speakers well - they're made with a combination of fibreglass and filler. I ended up mounting the crossovers in the original tiny speaker compartments in the dash, and the tweeters just above the dash on the column.
    Attached Files
Working...
X