X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tow bar from 3rd gen surf

bad news iv sold my surf :-(

good news iv got a tow bar from a 96 3rd gen surf to sell

its got the ball two electric points and a load of wirey bits and all the bolts

its to bulky to let the post man deliver so you will have to pick it up from me im in Southampton

£95.00
    [CENTER][COLOR=Red]IF ITS GOT TITS OF TYRES ITS GONA GIVE YOU TROUBLE!!!!![/COLOR]] [/CENTER]

now £85.00 missis says its takin up to much room What do they no!!!!!
    [CENTER][COLOR=Red]IF ITS GOT TITS OF TYRES ITS GONA GIVE YOU TROUBLE!!!!![/COLOR]] [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by chiz
      now £85.00 missis says its takin up to much room What do they no!!!!!
      Chiz,
      Im in Portsmouth. Do you have any pictures please?

Thanks

Ant
      1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

any good mate sorry i havent put it on before ive been away for the weekend
        Attached Files

Comment

any takers

Comment

Hi Chiz,
            Sorry for the delay, I too have been away. I will pass on this for the moment as I dont have time due to work currently.

Rgds

Ant
            1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

any1 want this

Comment

Originally posted by chiz
                any1 want this
                Will it fit a 2nd gen?
                [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]
                [img]http://tinypic.com/i1k95k.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBstd
                  Will it fit a 2nd gen?
                  Hate to say this mate but take it from me this wont fit the 2nd Gen as the chassis is completely different. Just an observation from someone who fits towbars for a living.
                  Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
                    Hate to say this mate but take it from me this wont fit the 2nd Gen as the chassis is completely different. Just an observation from someone who fits towbars for a living.
                    Thanks Toad, I`ll remember that... by the way how much is a fair price to fit a towbar to my Surf? Do you take on private jobs?
                    [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]

Comment

Thanks Toad, I`ll remember that... by the way how much is a fair price to fit a towbar to my Surf? Do you take on private jobs?
                      We usually charge around £180 to supply and fit, or £60 for fitting. unfortunately you are a bit out of my way unless you come over to the north west.

Comment

We usually charge around £180 to supply and fit, or £60 for fitting. unfortunately you are a bit out of my way unless you come over to the north west.
                        Someone has kindly offered to sell me one for £75. Thats seems to be a fair price wouldn`t you say?

Is it something you could expect a DIY novice to undertake? What are the biggest pitfalls? If I got into trouble could I ask you for your expert advice?

I`m not a complete numbnut but electrics aren`t my strong point I must say!!

Sorry for all the questions but I really do need a towbar fitted asap.

Thanks Toad.

Comment

Yes you shouldn't have a problem they are quite easy to fit as long as you have the instructions, leave all the bolts loose till you have it all bolted together then tighten them up in order Smallest first up to the biggest. As long as you do it like that you wont have a problem. If you need any advice just ask mate, if you have any probs just let me know and i will let you have my number.

Comment

Yes you shouldn't have a problem they are quite easy to fit as long as you have the instructions, leave all the bolts loose till you have it all bolted together then tighten them up in order Smallest first up to the biggest. As long as you do it like that you wont have a problem. If you need any advice just ask mate, if you have any probs just let me know and i will let you have my number.
                            Nice one mate cheers for that. I doubt I will have the instructions because its a 2nd hand one from one of the members on here.

I`ll give it a go and see how I get on. Thanks again for your offer of assistance.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

Is there any way you can post? I'm in north Wales.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X