Skid Plate Stainless new 2nd Gen Surf's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skid Plate Stainless new 2nd Gen Surf's

Ok, a nice blike called pat who lives near me has lent me his Alloy (6mm) skid plate from his 1990 2.4 Td Surf. This fits a treat to my 1994 3.0 TD as all the threaded holes are allready there. There are 2 metal brackets and the guard.

I propose to have some made out of 3mm stainless steel as it lasts better and is alot tougher than the alloy, oh and alot cheaper as well.

So, at £120 each plate with postage on top who wants one??

If i can get a few orders the price will go down i hope!! the plate will come as stainless sheet finish or £30 extra to have a highly polished finish. you will have to get your own M8 or M10 bolts to fit your own truck as depending on what youve already got changes what bolts you need.
    The steel brackets will be galvanised and then powder coated black for years of fun!

I will need to take orders in advance and can be paid by paypal using the bellow email address or email me to send a cheque.

I will not rip you off and take your money as Linda TonyN and a copple using this site have found out. I have been searching for a quality skid plate since i bought my Surf and this seems the logical way to get one since there are no sellers of these around even in USA.

stephen.s.roberts@ntlworld.com
    Attached Files
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Rusty on here does them cheaper mate
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

£45 ish AS I REMEMBER. Also yours is at risk of getting stuck while offroad due to the large holes in it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by marky; 12 July 2005, 19:21.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Would it be better without the holes???

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
          Would it be better without the holes???

While they look good, it's semi-functional. If tyou think about the holes there and mud, stones, branchesetc get stuck up inside, it's not that protected,where the full plate will give you the protection you need.
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            While they look good, it's semi-functional. If tyou think about the holes there and mud, stones, branchesetc get stuck up inside, it's not that protected,where the full plate will give you the protection you need.
            Also as when chatting to Rusty about the plates he makes from 4mm alloy , you need to be aware that some surfs have the aircon rad mounted at the bottom , these will not be able to fit a bash plate.

I am in this category :-(

Thinking of moving the rad somewhere else !
            http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
              Also as when chatting to Rusty about the plates he makes from 4mm alloy , you need to be aware that some surfs have the aircon rad mounted at the bottom , these will not be able to fit a bash plate.

I am in this category :-(

Thinking of moving the rad somewhere else !
              This guard was taken from a 2.4TD Surf with the lower air con rad!!!!!!

Please read my text...its hard enough typing or turning my pc on, i'm ok with mechanical thing though

Comment

This guard was taken from a 2.4TD Surf with the lower air con rad!!!!!!

Please read my text...its hard enough typing or turning my pc on, i'm ok with mechanical thing though
                in that case I dont think you would want so many holes for thinngs to poke through and damage the rad --- they look lovely though!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  in that case I dont think you would want so many holes for thinngs to poke through and damage the rad --- they look lovely though!

Comment

If its fitted over the air con rad I assume it will need some holes to let the air to the rad *.

* possibly wrong as tends to make assumptions alot !

This was my 250th Post ... what do I win ?
                    Last edited by SparX; 13 July 2005, 10:51.
                    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
                      If its fitted over the air con rad I assume it will need some holes to let the air to the rad *.

* possibly wrong as tends to make assumptions alot !

This was my 250th Post ... what do I win ?
                      Good one!

Comment

I have a mate who is after a sensible bash-plate that will fit over the "underslung" air-con rad, as I suspect are a few other people here.

If you can do them with much smaller holes/slots I think you could be onto something - like others said, those large holes just defeat the object of the plate in the first place - namely a single branch or something could still pierce the rad which would be a quick end to a 4x4 weekend.

I have seen what looks like a "standard" bash plate like this on another mates surf and this has some mesh/grille on the plate to allow air to get to the rad while still offering protection.
                        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
                          I have a mate who is after a sensible bash-plate that will fit over the "underslung" air-con rad, as I suspect are a few other people here.

If you can do them with much smaller holes/slots I think you could be onto something - like others said, those large holes just defeat the object of the plate in the first place - namely a single branch or something could still pierce the rad which would be a quick end to a 4x4 weekend.

I have seen what looks like a "standard" bash plate like this on another mates surf and this has some mesh/grille on the plate to allow air to get to the rad while still offering protection.
                          like this?
                          Attached Files
                          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                            like this?
                            Yep, thats the standard(?) one I was talking about.

Not selling it are you? If you (or anyone else) is my mate would probably buy. He has not done ANY off-roading cos he's paranoid about trashing the air-con rad as it's so exposed.
                            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
                              Yep, thats the standard(?) one I was talking about.

Not selling it are you? If you (or anyone else) is my mate would probably buy. He has not done ANY off-roading cos he's paranoid about trashing the air-con rad as it's so exposed.
                              Not at the moment but if I can sort out something else I might be - slightly bent as the two front bolts dont quite line up perfectly but still fits ok.
                              Ill have to see what happens when I refit my rad.
                              I like the design of the original
                              Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X