Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help !!!!!!!!!!!!! part needed

hi all
    just got a LN130 2.4 td now the nice bas errrr sorry nice man told me it just needs glow plugs so done that and its still a pig to start in the morning i have now found that the FUEL HEATER RELAY is missing has anyone got one lying around or spare i am happy to cover cost and postage
    thanks all

i know this sounds silly, are you sure you got a fuel heater??
    lots of surfs have the space on the fuse board, but no wires and no heater..its good if you do have one though, cos it means veggie oil works better. otherwise its only needed in major cold weather
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      What's the easy quick way to find out if there's a heater fitted???

Dave
      It just does, OK?

Comment

where the relay plugs in, are there any contacts in there or wires under it? or follow the fuel lines from the fuel filter on the bulkhead
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

lots of surfs have the space on the fuse board, but no wires and no heater..its good if you do have one though, cos it means veggie oil works better. otherwise its only needed in major cold weather
          veggie oil??
          the stuff you get from tesco

Comment

yup!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

yup!
              so what you just buy it and pour stright from the bottle

Comment

pretty much! do a search on here, they wont stop talking about it try 'veg' 's.v.o' or 'veggie' .
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

where the relay plugs in, are there any contacts in there or wires under it? or follow the fuel lines from the fuel filter on the bulkhead
                  Is the wire coming out of the bottom of the fuel filter anything to do with the heater? Also please see my post earlier today about the batteries, I still can't start her. Otherwise I'm going to have to push the bugger out of my road so I can call the RAC!! I don't have Home Start.

You are all very nice people. Truly I have never corresponded with such a good looking, generous, well toned and well adjusted bunch of individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated
                    Is the wire coming out of the bottom of the fuel filter anything to do with the heater? Also please see my post earlier today about the batteries, I still can't start her. Otherwise I'm going to have to push the bugger out of my road so I can call the RAC!! I don't have Home Start.

You are all very nice people. Truly I have never corresponded with such a good looking, generous, well toned and well adjusted bunch of individuals.

Praise indeed!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Is the wire coming out of the bottom of the fuel filter anything to do with the heater? No its for the water trap, Lets you know via a light on the dash if your fuel filter is full of water Also please see my post earlier today about the batteries, I still can't start her. Otherwise I'm going to have to push the bugger out of my road so I can call the RAC!! I don't have Home Start.

I think you have been drinking and got us confused with some one else
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                        I think you have been drinking and got us confused with some one else
                        I have just finished my 6th can of stella. Worryingly I had to look a the can for the spelling!! What the hell, I'm not driving anywhere.

Comment

it would take more than 6 tins of stella to make me gook looking or generous or well adjusted...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The wire under the bottom of the fuel pump is the water sensor.

You may have a blown 80 amp glow plug fuse - quite common.

It's in the fuesbox on the drivers side under the bonnet. You can get a new one from Toyota.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X