roof lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof lights

i was hoping some one could help me, ive got a 93 2.4 whitch came with roof bars, i think may be for holding skis.what i want is to take the clamps off the bars and fit 4 spot lights,but i dont know the best way to wire them up . hope some one can help. cheers
    why have a wife to take all your money off you when you can have a surf

codlord has a page all about his lightbar mod.
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/light_bar.htm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by col b
      i was hoping some one could help me, ive got a 93 2.4 whitch came with roof bars, i think may be for holding skis.what i want is to take the clamps off the bars and fit 4 spot lights,but i dont know the best way to wire them up . hope some one can help. cheers
      + to +
      - to -

bung in a relay, switch and fuse... bosh... job done!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If theres 2 of these bars, you dont wanna sell the other one do you?

im after doing this light bar mod myself...

Comment

Wire them up as normal Driving or spot lamps. Fit a relay switched by the headlamp main beam wire (use the wire that goes to the drivers side main beam filament (scotchlock to the cable you find live when the main beam is switched on at the back of the drivers side headlamp). Run at least 17 amp cable for live and earth through the bulkhead and up the side of thewindscreen pillar behind the trim and then through the roof with an appropriate grommet. You can fit a weatherproof multi connector on the outside and then plug the lights in when you have the bars on and unplug when you remove the bar.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            + to +
            - to -

bung in a relay, switch and fuse... bosh... job done!
            You forgot to say you have to take them out of the bag
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Might i add to this by saying, dont use scotch lock connectors. They cut through half the wire and allow water in. Instead solder connection and insulate with tape or heatshrink. Scotch locks cause more bother than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RMS_CLK
                Might i add to this by saying, dont use scotch lock connectors. They cut through half the wire and allow water in. Instead solder connection and insulate with tape or heatshrink. Scotch locks cause more bother than enough.
                I'd agree inmost cases haowever there is precious little space to connect to the wire. I always make sure I use the correct size scotchlock, there are a number of sizes so that it only just cuts the insulation and connects to the wire. I then lock it up and tape it to keep the water out. Also putting some vaseline around the connector inside the case helps to keep the connection good.

Comment

In that case ill let you off! lol

Comment

I'd have to agree with you that in most places scotchlocks are an awful invention but where space is tight, they fulfill a purpose.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
                      If theres 2 of these bars, you dont wanna sell the other one do you?

im after doing this light bar mod myself...
                      yes mate you can have both 4 £3900 ono if you want, i'm retireing from surfing.
                      why have a wife to take all your money off you when you can have a surf

Comment

Working...
                      X