yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mondeo 2.5 V6 Zetec-S 55k miles FFSH. Long MOT and Tax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondeo 2.5 V6 Zetec-S 55k miles FFSH. Long MOT and Tax.

Guys, I have searched for months for a decent Surf and have not managed to find one in anywhere near decent condition.

EDIT: Now found one that I am happy with.
    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 8 September 2010, 17:51.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Ross i am getting another 3.0 in a couple of weeks.I will get it mot'd then its up for sale.Once i get it home next weekend i'll post up pics if your interested.It will have to be a sale as i can't afford a swap though
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Rich,

Thanks for your very kind offer mate. Lack of disposable cash at the moment means I need to swap for the Mondeo I'm afraid. I may stick it on Pistonheads and see what kind of response I get.

Ross

Comment

Hi Ross

What's one of these worth? What's the MPG like?

Cheers

Comment

Value wise its around £2200-£2500 but in keeping with the rules of the swap shop section, I have no intention of selling it.

MPG wise, I've been getting 37mpg average with mainly A road driving. It does about 25mpg around town and 40 on a run which is definitely miles ahead of a Surf of any description unless you have a plentiful supply of WVO.

I'm primarily looking for a 3rd Gen Surf or a very clean 2nd Gen truck.

Thanks.

Comment

Lovely car, I have the same clock and smelly tree in my truck!

Comment

Hi mate,

How did you manage the clock transplant into your truck? That said, I'm sure it was a doddle after the 1UZ-FE.

Comment

The same clock is used in the Peugeot 406 estate. I er, aquired it when I got my roof rails.

I've got a Surf/Lexus hybrid dash in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                  Value wise its around £2200-£2500
                  Wow! I guess that rules out a swap for my 2nd Gen!

I must get round to doing something with mine. It doesn't fit in our new car park at work so I have to park about a mile away and walk in

Comment

Originally posted by trucksurfer View Post
                    Wow! I guess that rules out a swap for my 2nd Gen!

I must get round to doing something with mine. It doesn't fit in our new car park at work so I have to park about a mile away and walk in
                    Not necessarily. I'd be more than happy with a swap for any sorted 2nd Gen truck, I'm not that fussed about the value at all but I would prefer a 3 litre truck.
                    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 5 September 2010, 09:57.

Comment

Deal done and new truck being collected tomorrow. 4 inch lift, 33" MTs, Light Bar, 12000lb winch, snorkel, new head/radiator/brakes.

Very happy.

Thanks to Stormforce for the advice and to Tony for going down to cast an eye over the truck for me. 520 mile round trip for me tomorrow.
                      Last edited by Surfer Ross; 8 September 2010, 18:09.

Comment

Nice one Ross and advice freely given anytime

Comment

Much appreciated Richard, you are an asset to the Surf community. BTW, I need some wind deflectors. I'll compile a full list over the weekend and get back to you.

Comment

I just got a 2.4 in today.It has the wind deflectors but they aren't the better 3.0 style ones

Comment

Got the truck back home about 30 minutes ago and very happy with it. Surprisingly quick for a 2.4 with big tyres. Managed to get 270 miles from 3/4 of a tank, quite happy with that.

New stereo and speakers to fit tomorrow, 4.5 hours with nothing but the hum of the MTs for a soundtrack was a mission and a half

Comment

Working...
                              X