stein possibly for swaps again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stein possibly for swaps again

well ive been sat with the wife discussing things and we have decided that now that stein is running great it might be the right time to offer it for swaps in order to get something a bit more economical ,
    basically the wifes scooby was off the road for the last 3 weeks and using stein everyday instead ended up costing us a fortune and we cant afford to do it again if her car is off the road again, so i may be interested in swapping for something a bit more economical ,
    so what have you got to tempt me
    i would love to go something different , a decent jacked modified 3litre surf , or jap performance again but needs to be able to have a child seat in the back so no 2 seaters etc lol,
    you all know the truck well and now it has a fully rebuilt auto box too

im not in a rush at all so can hold out for the right offer and will be sad if it does go ,

please dont give me a slating for this but things have been tough and i had to sell my motox bike to pay for the gearbox rebuid

animal
    Last edited by animal; 12 June 2009, 07:55.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

I think whatever you have your going to get bored of it!

Either way... Im sure someone will be along in a bit with a few offers!

Hope you find something to bridge the gap mate.

Comment

cheers
      i just hope i dont get a slating again, but i think it may be the right time as stein is running sweet as a nut now , but is expensive to run !!!

it has caused a lot of arguments with the wife and i have to say she has some valid points ,

Comment

Its your truck..

Do i think you'll regret it?! Definatly..

But it is yours! Do as you want mate.. No one can really moan too much!!

90% of them here want it!

Comment

invluding me

Comment

a few photos for anyone that doesnt know it

3.9 v8 petrol
            4 door pickup conversion
            loads of custom parts by outrageous offroad
            tax and test

Comment

I have a slightly battered corsa. Very economical but it's taken a bit of a beating from the local hoodlums. I'll swap that for Stein (well it was worth a shot )

Comment

I'll swap ya a 2nd gen Surf, 3ltr TD 2 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body lift, 33" by 12.50 on 15inch rims (dick cepek Muds the ones with skulls on black modular ). CB installed (expensive alan model by midland). And it's in Blue - the best colour of course KZN130 engine which has already had the head gasket and cylinder head etc replaced with new so runs like a dream. Even with the muds on I use it every day for work which is about a forty mile round trip. Even the cam belt has been recently changed. You wouldn't need to do ought to it. It could come with smaller BFG all terrains instead of the cepek's if wanted. It even has a sexy blue star sticker in the front window
                Worst part about it are the bumpers. The rear bumper sides need replacing due to the rust holes in them but I've always hung off as I was planning to get some tubulars from Outrageous offroad
                Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Did you ever get the 4WD going?

What mpg do you get - be honest!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yeah I got it all fixed and sorted. MPG?? To be honest I have no idea. I have dick cepek muds on at the mo so it will have gone down a fair amount. Guessing I think I get just about 400KM out of a full tank or just short of. I generally fill it once a week. I do a lot of short journeys though so it's hard to get a true reading. Still no where near as bad as I thought when I first got it.
                    I seem to remember Stein only being 2WD. Do I remember rightly? I'd love to know what Stein was like offroad.
                    Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

I think Apache was asking animal about 'Stein.

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
                        Yeah I got it all fixed and sorted. MPG?? To be honest I have no idea. I have dick cepek muds on at the mo so it will have gone down a fair amount. Guessing I think I get just about 400KM out of a full tank or just short of. I generally fill it once a week. I do a lot of short journeys though so it's hard to get a true reading. Still no where near as bad as I thought when I first got it.
                        I seem to remember Stein only being 2WD. Do I remember rightly? I'd love to know what Stein was like offroad.

look in the off road section there are alot of pics of stein on the plain
                        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                        X