a forum legend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    now if thats the 2500cc model i would be interested.
    I think it is.

I'll put it to him after he's had a few beers on Thursday
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I think it is.

I'll put it to him after he's had a few beers on Thursday
      good make sure hes blotted.then ask to borrow it on a non return basis.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

I only have my 3ltr kzn 130 2nd gen in blue ssrx. +2" procomp es9000 allround with uprated springs. New heads too. I'll swap ya with a bit of money it would do well over here on the rock.
        Which insurance company you use for the stein? Obviously with it now being V8 it'll be more expensive but are insurance companies funny about vehicles which have been cut about and modified to this extent? I bet she's expensive!
        Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
          I only have my 3ltr kzn 130 2nd gen in blue ssrx. +2" procomp es9000 allround with uprated springs. New heads too. I'll swap ya with a bit of money it would do well over here on the rock.
          Which insurance company you use for the stein? Obviously with it now being V8 it'll be more expensive but are insurance companies funny about vehicles which have been cut about and modified to this extent? I bet she's expensive!
          Transplanting a V8 into a Surf makes the insurance cheaper for some reason.
          I'm now with Adrian flux and my insurance is 50 quid less than when the truck was a 2.4 diesel!
          Now, either Adrian flux are just cheaper than Tesco, or they know about the 2.4.

Comment

I PAY £210 FULLY COMP ON STEIN.thats with all the mods listed too.im with liverpool victoria.you do know he is only two wheel drive dont you.?
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

2 wheel drive? what's that??? No I didn't realise. Why that??

Comment

2 wheel drive? what's that??? No I didn't realise. Why that??
                because stein was auto,and theres no bellhousing available for the rover v8 and the surf auto box uses an ecu controled by some engine managment values.so i dumped the auto box and fitted a bwc65 auto trans.hence no 4wd.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

ah I see! What is that like offroad then? I know I usually have mine in 2WD most of the time anyway unless the going gets tough in my Smurf. Do you not wish you had 4wd in it?

Comment

because stein was auto,and theres no bellhousing available for the rover v8 and the surf auto box uses an ecu controled by some engine managment values.so i dumped the auto box and fitted a bwc65 auto trans.hence no 4wd.
                    I reckon you should develop your own adapter using 10mm aluminum plate to fit between the Surf's bellhousing and the Rover V8. Kind of like an adapter ring that you bolt to the V8 then bolt the Toyota bellhousing to that and sell them through your website. The only problem I see is the length of the input shaft being 10mm too short 'cos of the adapter, but nothing too serious.

I've seen it done by one of the Aussie guys where he wanted to mate the 1UZFE to a R150 auto 'box. He made an MDF template, cut it out with a jigsaw, drilled all the necessary holes. then got it made in ally using a water jet.

Comment

woah, stein is for swap
                      i love my impreza turbo but i love this v8 monster more,
                      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        woah, stein is for swap
                        i love my impreza turbo but i love this v8 monster more,
                        hehehehehe.stein eats imprezas for breakfast.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

this will make you cry/laugh
                          swap you a frontera for it.
                          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

hehehehehe.stein eats imprezas for breakfast.
                            i love stein
                            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I have a nice third gen i could swap. you can go from v8 to v5
                              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Working...
                              X