Dealers for Servicing in Edinburgh - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealers for Servicing in Edinburgh - Help Please

As a newbie to the forum who is awaiting delivery of his Surf (provided the Typhoon and the Earthquake didn't get it in Japan!), I have read some of the less than satisfactory comments about servicing & dealerships in general.

I have learned an awful lot in a short time from the cumulative knowledge of the members by scanning the threads of the forum and would like any advice you can give me please.

Has anyone any recommendations about where I can get good servicing in the Edinburgh area?

Surf will be 98 SSR-G 3.0 diesel.
    Live for Today

Unfortunately, i've not come across a place in edinburgh that i could recommend for servicing or repairs. I've had some pretty bad experiences, with a few different places. Taking a charitable view, this may be because they don't see many of these vehicle about up here. Or perhaps they were just muppets. IMO, it's the latter. Still, perhaps there is someone out there who knows of someone local with good surf/runner experience. I hope so, as i've had to resort to doing it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
      Unfortunately, i've not come across a place in edinburgh that i could recommend for servicing or repairs. I've had some pretty bad experiences, with a few different places. Taking a charitable view, this may be because they don't see many of these vehicle about up here. Or perhaps they were just muppets. IMO, it's the latter. Still, perhaps there is someone out there who knows of someone local with good surf/runner experience. I hope so, as i've had to resort to doing it myself.
      Thanks for the input. Not looking good for me unless anyone else knows of some gem of a Surf service point close to Edinburgh.

Living in a flat doesn't enable to do your own servicing. Anyway I'm too much of a novice to try and drive it up the stair.
      Live for Today

Comment

hi guys,

theres a place in whitburn, just off the m8, BESWIFT they are called.

they fitted my lift kit and done my wheel alignment.

Geordy is the man that does the work and hes good, hes also into off roading in his suzy so he knows his way around a 4x4.

i thought there prices were very reasonable as well.

hope this helps you guys and its not to far away for you.

cheers scott

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          hi guys,

theres a place in whitburn, just off the m8, BESWIFT they are called.

they fitted my lift kit and done my wheel alignment.

Geordy is the man that does the work and hes good, hes also into off roading in his suzy so he knows his way around a 4x4.

i thought there prices were very reasonable as well.

hope this helps you guys and its not to far away for you.

cheers scott
          Thanks Scott

A place I'll bear in mind. Much rather go on a recommendation than taking a chance blind.

Warwick
          Live for Today

Comment

Mackay Trading

Bought my surf from the above who service surfs too. 0131 5587670.

Seem a decent enough bunch, having given me a lot of warranty work, incl new head and radiator

Comment

Mackay Trading

I am considering visiting this dealer to buy a surf (my first!) so would be grateful for any further feedback or hints for the beginner.
              Don't all laugh but I currently have a Freelander 1.8 - I know just shoot me now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                I am considering visiting this dealer to buy a surf (my first!) so would be grateful for any further feedback or hints for the beginner.
                Don't all laugh but I currently have a Freelander 1.8 - I know just shoot me now!
                Went to Mackay Trading to check out the Surfs. Got a few in stock, seem genuine folks and helpful, but I found out I knew more about Surfs from reading the forum than they seemed to, e.g. they didn't know the SSR-G was top spec in range (if you discount all those extras that seemed to get loaded on in Japan) but then they didn't have the comulative knowledge of this membership.

At least you can see them, test drive them and kick the tyres. So go see what they have, you might find the right vehicle for you there.

Suggest you tell them you are looking for Surf since they seem to have more Pajeros on dispaly than Surfs, but they do have other Surfs in compound offsite and will get them for you to see.

Previous post suggests they honour their guarantee and do own servicing.

You can check the stock out on their web site [URL=http://www.mackaytrading.co.uk.].

Happy serching!
                Live for Today

Comment

Hi, I've just noticed this post and thought I'd put my tuppence worth in. I have bought 2 Surfs from Mackay Trading and have found them to be really good.

Got a good price for my trade in and their vehicles are turned out to a very high standard. Most of them are very low mileage. They do all the registration etc. I took the option of undersealing. They changed the timing belt and serviced it before I got it and put on a towbar. All their vehicles come with a 6mth warranty.

The main man, Kye, is really helpful. He arranged for a driver to take me to their other sites to see all the Surfs. They have their own workshop and do servicing. Everyone is very pleasant and you get a cup of coffee while you wait. They also gave me a lift up to Princes Street so I could do some shopping!
                  Last edited by jax; 24 November 2004, 23:27.

Comment

Working...
                  X